Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+ I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+ I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+ I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+ I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+ I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+ I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+ I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+ I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+ I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+ Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+ 2zq8s3c
Eric
EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+ Near15
Paul Wesley
EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+ 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+ 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+ 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+ 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+ 23kagwg
Damon
EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+ 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+ 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+ 24pjt4p
Stats

EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+

Go down 
AuthorMessage
amandatran8
FLEDGLING
FLEDGLING

EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+ Empty
PostSubject: EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+   EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+ I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:20 pm

EW's Ken Tucker gives Season 2 Premiere a B+

Ken Tucker of EW has already seen The Return and gives viewers his opinion on the episode. Read the full article below or click here.

EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+ Normal11

The second-season premiere of The Vampire Diaries proves once again why this series is one of prime time's more cleverly constructed, well-acted nighttime soap operas. After last season's finger-chopping cliff-hanger, we get neck snappings, a smothering, an unlikely alliance between two warring brothers, and the line ''Kiss me or kill me!'' Oh, and as Ian Somerhalder's Damon adds, ''Doppelgänger high jinks ensue.''

He's referring, of course, to Nina Dobrev's Elena/Katherine, the series' yin and yang of good and evil, purity and villainy. Dobrev has really risen to the challenge of portraying these two, managing to confuse viewers as to who's who when Katherine wants to impersonate Elena for some mischief.

This season hauls in Taylor Kinney as Mason, the ''black sheep'' brother of the late Mayor Lockwood. Mason has a nice swagger, and it looks like he'll take up any slack that might have occurred with the death of the Mystic Falls mayor.

But the throbbing red heart of The Vampire Diaries remains the tension between Damon and Paul Wesley's Stefan, and their mutual attraction to whomever Dobrev is embodying at the time. ''She's Katherine! She loves to play games!'' splutters Damon in the season opener. It's not long after this that she plays a romantic game with him that will doubtless have reverberations throughout the season. As Katherine says: ''Game on.'' B+
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/amandatran8

EW's Ken Tucker gives The Vampire Diaries Season 2 Premiere a B+
Page 1 of 1