Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
‘Eclipse’ ready to suck blood out of box office I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
‘Eclipse’ ready to suck blood out of box office I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
‘Eclipse’ ready to suck blood out of box office I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
‘Eclipse’ ready to suck blood out of box office I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
‘Eclipse’ ready to suck blood out of box office I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
‘Eclipse’ ready to suck blood out of box office I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
‘Eclipse’ ready to suck blood out of box office I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
‘Eclipse’ ready to suck blood out of box office I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
‘Eclipse’ ready to suck blood out of box office I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
‘Eclipse’ ready to suck blood out of box office Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
‘Eclipse’ ready to suck blood out of box office 2zq8s3c
Eric
‘Eclipse’ ready to suck blood out of box office Near15
Paul Wesley
‘Eclipse’ ready to suck blood out of box office 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
‘Eclipse’ ready to suck blood out of box office 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
‘Eclipse’ ready to suck blood out of box office 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
‘Eclipse’ ready to suck blood out of box office 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
‘Eclipse’ ready to suck blood out of box office 23kagwg
Damon
‘Eclipse’ ready to suck blood out of box office 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
‘Eclipse’ ready to suck blood out of box office 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
‘Eclipse’ ready to suck blood out of box office 24pjt4p
Stats

‘Eclipse’ ready to suck blood out of box office

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

‘Eclipse’ ready to suck blood out of box office Empty
PostSubject: ‘Eclipse’ ready to suck blood out of box office   ‘Eclipse’ ready to suck blood out of box office I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:19 pm

It's been no secret the highly-anticipated "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse" is expected by many to be one of the biggest movies of the summer. Those predictions were confirmed today when pre-release polling for the June 30 release hit Hollywood's studios and the vampire saga debuted like a monster.

The surveys reveal the "Twilight" fanbase is as strong as ever with a higher percentage of young women interested in "Eclipse" than young men polled before the opening of "Iron Man 2" last month. The third cinematic installment in the Stephenie Meyer franchise also has significant interest from both younger and older men which proves the action spots has peaked the interest of the male demo.

It's unclear how big "Eclipse" will open, but its worth noting a record first day should not be expected. "The Twilight Saga: New Moon" scored the biggest opening day in history with $72.7 million in November, but the summer is a different animal as is the vacation-friendly July 4 holiday weekend.

Taking into account "Eclipse" will debut on a Wednesday, its more likely the picture match "New Moon's" $153 million haul after five days. However, if the David Slade thriller is truly the best of the three "Twilight" films so far (as rumored), word of mouth could fuel a much bigger opening.

More of a surprise, and a relief to the executives at Paramount Pictures, is polling also shows "The Last Airbender" will not be the dud many feared or expected. The Nickelodeon franchise's loyal following is excited about the live action incarnation of their favorite characters and should give it a healthy kick off on July 2. Where it goes from there is anyone's guess.

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1