Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder: 'Love makes you stupid' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder: 'Love makes you stupid' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder: 'Love makes you stupid' I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder: 'Love makes you stupid' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder: 'Love makes you stupid' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder: 'Love makes you stupid' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder: 'Love makes you stupid' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder: 'Love makes you stupid' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder: 'Love makes you stupid' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder: 'Love makes you stupid' Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder: 'Love makes you stupid' 2zq8s3c
Eric
'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder: 'Love makes you stupid' Near15
Paul Wesley
'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder: 'Love makes you stupid' 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder: 'Love makes you stupid' 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder: 'Love makes you stupid' 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder: 'Love makes you stupid' 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder: 'Love makes you stupid' 23kagwg
Damon
'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder: 'Love makes you stupid' 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder: 'Love makes you stupid' 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder: 'Love makes you stupid' 24pjt4p
Stats

'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder: 'Love makes you stupid'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder: 'Love makes you stupid' Empty
PostSubject: 'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder: 'Love makes you stupid'   'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder: 'Love makes you stupid' I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:58 pm

On the Sept. 9 Season 2 premiere of "The Vampire Diaries," the Salvatore brothers find themselves in a familiar situation.

They're once again fighting over a woman. In 1864, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Stefan (Paul Wesley) were torn apart by their mutual obsession with Katherine (Nina Dobrev). Now, despite having 150 years to learn from their mistakes, they've both fallen for the less lethal (but equally gorgeous) Elena.

"Love makes you stupid," Somerhalder tells me, by way of explanation, during Zap2it's exclusive visit to the show's Atlanta set. "Just like wars, famine, the BP oil spill, we have the attention spans of a mosquito, and we don't remember what made us unhappy in history."

Dobrev says that despite Elena's involuntary thoughts about Damon, she still loves Stefan. "It's always been Stefan," she tells me. If that's the case, Damon might be in for some serious heartbreak... again.

"It may be harder the second time around by virtue of the fact that you already know what it feels like for this to happen to you," Somerhalder muses. "When you're in love for the first time it's the most unbelievable feeling, and the second time you get your heart broken you become a little more guarded. You become a little more sensible about how you throw your emotions around. But here's the kicker... you do it again, and you do it again, and you do it again."

This may be good news for all of the fans hoping to see Damon and Elena hook up this season. No matter how often they hurt each other, human nature (and vampire nature) could lead them to forgive the unforgivable.

Of course, the same could be said for Damon and Katherine.

Heartbreak is an experience that we can all relate to, but most of us don't have to suffer its consequences for 150 years. After finally allowing himself to open up to someone again, if Damon is rejected, things could get bloody. "He's either going to shut down or explode," Somerhalder says, grinning dangerously. "And I welcome either one."

For more of Ian's thoughts on falling in and out of love, watch my video from our chat at the set of the Lockwood mansion. (Apologies for the shaky camerawork and occasional background noise - stealing a quiet moment was nearly impossible on such a busy day!)

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1