Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
'The Vampire Diaries' finally goes homoerotic! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
'The Vampire Diaries' finally goes homoerotic! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
'The Vampire Diaries' finally goes homoerotic! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
'The Vampire Diaries' finally goes homoerotic! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
'The Vampire Diaries' finally goes homoerotic! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
'The Vampire Diaries' finally goes homoerotic! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
'The Vampire Diaries' finally goes homoerotic! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
'The Vampire Diaries' finally goes homoerotic! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
'The Vampire Diaries' finally goes homoerotic! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
'The Vampire Diaries' finally goes homoerotic! Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
'The Vampire Diaries' finally goes homoerotic! 2zq8s3c
Eric
'The Vampire Diaries' finally goes homoerotic! Near15
Paul Wesley
'The Vampire Diaries' finally goes homoerotic! 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
'The Vampire Diaries' finally goes homoerotic! 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
'The Vampire Diaries' finally goes homoerotic! 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
'The Vampire Diaries' finally goes homoerotic! 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
'The Vampire Diaries' finally goes homoerotic! 23kagwg
Damon
'The Vampire Diaries' finally goes homoerotic! 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
'The Vampire Diaries' finally goes homoerotic! 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
'The Vampire Diaries' finally goes homoerotic! 24pjt4p
Stats

'The Vampire Diaries' finally goes homoerotic!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

'The Vampire Diaries' finally goes homoerotic! Empty
PostSubject: 'The Vampire Diaries' finally goes homoerotic!   'The Vampire Diaries' finally goes homoerotic! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:56 pm

'The Vampire Diaries' finally goes homoerotic! Vampire-diaries_240

We touched upon it in our recap of The Vampire Diaries‘ season 2 premiere, but The Vampire Diaries first hint of homoeroticism — unless I’m forgetting something (Isobel’s gay cowboy minion doesn’t count) — deserves its own post. Uncle Mason (Taylor Kinney) had to tackle his nephew Tyler (Michael Trevino) to the ground when the angry teen physically lashed out at his mother grieving his douchey dad’s death. Fine. But he didn’t have to land on top of him in front of the fireplace! Maybe the flames were supposed to be a metaphor for the rage that burns inside them as part of the Lockwood family werewolf curse. Maybe they were just supposed to be pretty. But that quick shot with the fireplace behind them was totally hot. (Sadly, that angle was not one of The CW publicity stills.) I hope it wasn’t that brief because they knew it looked a little too romantic (warm lighting, fireplace, expensive rug, nearby leather sofa) and were afraid to go there. That’s an innate part of the vampire genre, and you’re a sexy show (see: steamy, mutual shirt-tearing foreplay between Damon and Katherine, Damon stealing a glance at Bonnie’s cleavage, Katherine looking Stefan up and down) — embrace it. TO CLARIFY for commenters worried I’m suggesting incest here: I’m not. I’m not saying there’s something between Tyler and Mason. I’m saying anger is an emotion that can boil over into passion. The intensity of that emotion can become sexy to viewers watching it.

I concede playing it up between two male vampires would be cliché, but we know from a recent chat with executive producer Kevin Williamson that there will be tension between the werewolves and the Salvatore brothers. “It’s in line with all the other sort of mythologies in that if you go back to the beginning of time, wherever there was a werewolf, there seemed to be a vampire nearby and they always seemed to be at odds with each other,” he told us. “We don’t reinvent that part of the story line. What it means to be a werewolf and a vampire coexisting in Mystic Falls, the rules are different here and there.” Since Damon and Stefan don’t even know werewolves exist, there’s the opportunity for heated, in-your-face confrontations with the Lockwood men as they piece it together. That’s what I want to see. You?

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1