Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
'Twilight's' Kellan Lutz gets giddy over education I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
'Twilight's' Kellan Lutz gets giddy over education I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
'Twilight's' Kellan Lutz gets giddy over education I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
'Twilight's' Kellan Lutz gets giddy over education I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
'Twilight's' Kellan Lutz gets giddy over education I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
'Twilight's' Kellan Lutz gets giddy over education I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
'Twilight's' Kellan Lutz gets giddy over education I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
'Twilight's' Kellan Lutz gets giddy over education I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
'Twilight's' Kellan Lutz gets giddy over education I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
'Twilight's' Kellan Lutz gets giddy over education Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
'Twilight's' Kellan Lutz gets giddy over education 2zq8s3c
Eric
'Twilight's' Kellan Lutz gets giddy over education Near15
Paul Wesley
'Twilight's' Kellan Lutz gets giddy over education 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
'Twilight's' Kellan Lutz gets giddy over education 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
'Twilight's' Kellan Lutz gets giddy over education 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
'Twilight's' Kellan Lutz gets giddy over education 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
'Twilight's' Kellan Lutz gets giddy over education 23kagwg
Damon
'Twilight's' Kellan Lutz gets giddy over education 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
'Twilight's' Kellan Lutz gets giddy over education 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
'Twilight's' Kellan Lutz gets giddy over education 24pjt4p
Stats

'Twilight's' Kellan Lutz gets giddy over education

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

'Twilight's' Kellan Lutz gets giddy over education Empty
PostSubject: 'Twilight's' Kellan Lutz gets giddy over education   'Twilight's' Kellan Lutz gets giddy over education I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 2:22 pm

Forget Team Edward: When "Twilight" vampire Kellan Lutz visited Washington, he was on Team Education.

The actor, who plays Emmett Cullen in the series, gave an overly enthusiastic talk on the National Mall on Tuesday to inspire kids to stay in school and to honor communities that are achieving just that. He used his own high school experience growing up in Scottsdale, Ariz., to make his point.

"I tried really hard in high school because my classes were free, it was a good education, and I had a ton of brothers to pick on me, so it was good to be out of the house and doing something productive," he said, to an occasional scream from a "Twilight" fan.

Lutz talked about his passion for math and chemistry and explained to the audience that he wanted to be a chemical engineer before he stumbled into acting. He also wasn't afraid to sound like a nerd.

"I loved everything in high school," Lutz told Yeas & Nays. "I just had a passion for learning and I loved sports, I played football and I did marching band, [I played the] trombone, and I really loved all the opportunities in high school."

While he wouldn't tell us what clique he was in, he admitted he didn't always focus on his studies.

"I still had fun in high school, I still made mistakes and went to parties and had a blast," he said.

He also complimented his "Twilight" cast for being involved in an array of issues -- everything from the environment to Africa.

"What I love about my cast is they all have their own kind of charity that is near and dear to their heart, I love kids and animals," he said. "Everyone is giving back, you know, because we have been so blessed."

Lutz appeared alongside Alma Powell, wife of former Secretary of State Colin Powell, and a handful of members of Congress to announce ING's list of 100 Best Communities for Young People, a distinction given to municipalities that work hard to keep students in school.

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1