Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine 2zq8s3c
Eric
Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine Near15
Paul Wesley
Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine 23kagwg
Damon
Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine 24pjt4p
Stats

Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Edwards Juliet
ADMIN
ADMIN
Edwards Juliet

Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine   Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 10:35 pm

Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine.

Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine TestBP-1-copybnw

IDOL: In New Moon we get to see a lot more of the history of your character, can you explain how your role develops ?

Gil: It’s the introduction of the transformation of the werewolves as we all know, and Billy is the key to the secret, he is the direct lineage of the pact that was made between the vampires. The werewolves, many many years ago, and the stories that he told around the camp-fires, that were considered just native ? I’m the one that’s going to have to explain it to them.

IDOL: So you’re the boss?

Gil: I’m the boss!

IDOL: We heard a lot about your musical talent as well, alongside acting.

Gil:Yeah I’ve been playing music since I was 10!

IDOL: What have you done in your career in terms of music, is it just an interest?

Gil: No it’s my passion. I always actually wanted to be a musician. I wanted to be a rock star. So it’s kind of funny that I became an actor, but it is an extension of the same creative expression, I’ve discovered. So I’ve always still played music. I had that discussion with Johnny Depp, I did a movie with him, and he kind of started the same way, he’s a musician. But then film, finances are more available.

IDOL: So your first screen debut, I believe, was in Diana Ross’ music video?

(Gil laughs)

IDOL: So, it all went from there, how did it develop?

Gil: At the time I was doing body-building contests, I wanted to kind of experience that, and I was at the gym and I got scouted and they asked if I’d be interested in doing a video, and I said yeah that sounds like fun. So I got on the set and had a great time, I actually had a girlfriend at the time who had moved to Hollywood to be an actress, and she said why don’t you start, so I did. And I kind of had a real slow start to it because it wasn’t something I imagined myself doing. But yeah, I guess in a way that video kind of put me on the path.

IDOL: Before you were doing that, obviously you were really interested in music, but you did a degree in administration and you started a career in petrochemical engineering? You have an incredible variation of interests!

Gil: I did, I studied petrochemical engineering, and I did that for a few years and that’s how I financed my college education. I thought that was going to be my career, I had a very practical thinking mother, and she kind of guided me along those lines at the time.

IDOL: Do you still have dreams of being a rock star?

Gil: (Laughs!) Oh, I still am girl! You should see me in my bedroom. In that mirror with my air-guitar, except I use a real guitar.

IDOL: Wow… Are you going to take it forward in the future?

Gil: I hope to, you know I kind of got blind-sighted at one of the conventions, and they asked me to play, and I didn’t bring my guitar, and you know, voila! They found a guitar for me!

IDOL: Brilliant! Can we expect any of that this weekend?

Gil: I don’t know, I’m looking over here (the Massive Events team) rather suspiciously! So let me know, I brought my guitar this time!

It’s been great fun, just recently this last week I was asked to host the Native American Music Awards, in Niagara Falls, and they asked me to get up and play so I performed with one of the bands there, played some original stuff, I had a fantastic time.

IDOL: So did you have some musical idols you looked up to?

Gil: Jimi Hendrix. You know, Steve Ray Vaughn, Eric Clapton, I was very much into the music. I mean once I picked up a guitar I just knew it was part of my soul.
Source
Back to top Go down

Gil Birmingham Talks to Idol Magazine
Page 1 of 1