Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
'New Moon' actors greet fans at Oceana Naval Air Station I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
'New Moon' actors greet fans at Oceana Naval Air Station I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
'New Moon' actors greet fans at Oceana Naval Air Station I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
'New Moon' actors greet fans at Oceana Naval Air Station I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
'New Moon' actors greet fans at Oceana Naval Air Station I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
'New Moon' actors greet fans at Oceana Naval Air Station I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
'New Moon' actors greet fans at Oceana Naval Air Station I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
'New Moon' actors greet fans at Oceana Naval Air Station I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
'New Moon' actors greet fans at Oceana Naval Air Station I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
'New Moon' actors greet fans at Oceana Naval Air Station Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
'New Moon' actors greet fans at Oceana Naval Air Station 2zq8s3c
Eric
'New Moon' actors greet fans at Oceana Naval Air Station Near15
Paul Wesley
'New Moon' actors greet fans at Oceana Naval Air Station 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
'New Moon' actors greet fans at Oceana Naval Air Station 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
'New Moon' actors greet fans at Oceana Naval Air Station 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
'New Moon' actors greet fans at Oceana Naval Air Station 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
'New Moon' actors greet fans at Oceana Naval Air Station 23kagwg
Damon
'New Moon' actors greet fans at Oceana Naval Air Station 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
'New Moon' actors greet fans at Oceana Naval Air Station 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
'New Moon' actors greet fans at Oceana Naval Air Station 24pjt4p
Stats

'New Moon' actors greet fans at Oceana Naval Air Station

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

'New Moon' actors greet fans at Oceana Naval Air Station Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'New Moon' actors greet fans at Oceana Naval Air Station   'New Moon' actors greet fans at Oceana Naval Air Station I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 1:16 pm

It wasn't Taylor Lautner, but three actors from "The Twilight Saga: New Moon" came to Oceana Naval Air Station on Wednesday to pose for photos with fans and meet wounded Marines.

Three hundred service members and family members won the opportunity to have their photos taken with the actors on a stage inside the exchange. Others, many of them girls in their early teens, got in line to walk past and take photos.

An estimated 2,350 came to see actors Christian Serratos (Angela), Alex Meraz (Paul) and Daniel Cudmore (Felix), who also got a tour of the base. "New Moon" was released on DVD and Blu-ray on Saturday.

The event was coordinated by the Oceana Navy Exchange, a mall for personnel and their families.

Meraz said a trip to Oceana was outside his normal routine.

"We all jumped at the offer to come out here," Meraz said. "It's a privilege."

He said he's heard the movies' following described as so popular it's cult-like.

"People are so excited about this," Meraz said. "So it just blows me away that I'm part of something like that."

Before meeting fans, the actors met a group of injured Marines and their families.

"It was a humbling experience," Serratos said.

Kimberly Johnston surprised her niece, Jessica Strain, 18, by bringing her to the exchange.

"I didn't even know until we got here, and then she points at the sign," Strain said. Strain had hoped to get an autograph on her copy of the movie but wasn't able to.

Robin Joseph, the general manager of the Oceana Navy Exchange Complex, worked to get the actors here. All three were given green flight jackets bearing their names, the U.S. flag, the Oceana patch and the patch for Strike Fighter Squadron 31 (the Tomcatters).

A studio executive told Joseph that two other actors, Nikki Reed (Rosalie) and Tyson Houseman (Quil), could not make it because they were sick.

Madisyn Izatt, 13, patted her chest after walking off the stage.

"It was scary. I got scared when I first got up there," she said. "They're movie stars."

So what are the people who play werewolves and vampires like in real life?

"I know they smell good - really clean," said Demi Naff, 14, giggling.

'New Moon' actors greet fans at Oceana Naval Air Station 439761000

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1