Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Idol Magazine sits down with Tyson Houseman I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Idol Magazine sits down with Tyson Houseman I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Idol Magazine sits down with Tyson Houseman I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Idol Magazine sits down with Tyson Houseman I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Idol Magazine sits down with Tyson Houseman I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Idol Magazine sits down with Tyson Houseman I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Idol Magazine sits down with Tyson Houseman I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Idol Magazine sits down with Tyson Houseman I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Idol Magazine sits down with Tyson Houseman I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Idol Magazine sits down with Tyson Houseman Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Idol Magazine sits down with Tyson Houseman 2zq8s3c
Eric
Idol Magazine sits down with Tyson Houseman Near15
Paul Wesley
Idol Magazine sits down with Tyson Houseman 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Idol Magazine sits down with Tyson Houseman 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Idol Magazine sits down with Tyson Houseman 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Idol Magazine sits down with Tyson Houseman 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Idol Magazine sits down with Tyson Houseman 23kagwg
Damon
Idol Magazine sits down with Tyson Houseman 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Idol Magazine sits down with Tyson Houseman 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Idol Magazine sits down with Tyson Houseman 24pjt4p
Stats

Idol Magazine sits down with Tyson Houseman

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Edwards Juliet
ADMIN
ADMIN
Edwards Juliet

Idol Magazine sits down with Tyson Houseman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idol Magazine sits down with Tyson Houseman   Idol Magazine sits down with Tyson Houseman I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 10:30 pm

Idol Magazine sits down with Tyson Houseman Tyson

IDOL: Hi Tyson, so we know your character is one of the youngest out of the wolf pack, but you’re actually really young yourself as well aren’t you?

Tyson: I’m 19, so I’m older than a few of the other guys, but I’m still pretty young.

IDOL: Is this your first film acting role?

Tyson: It is, yeah, it was actually the first audition I’d ever actually been to in my life.

IDOL: You’re first film being Twilight is pretty big. What acting work did you do beforehand?

Tyson: I’ve done some theatre, I know there were some magazines that said that I was like a veteran of theatre, and I thought that was a little bit silly because the only theatre I’ve actually ever done is school plays.

I graduated high school and then I moved to Vancouver and then within the first 4 monthsI went to this open casting call and I ended up getting the part.

IDOL: Did you know about Twilight at the time?

Tyson: No I didn’t, I hadn’t read the books or anything, I didn’t see the films, I wasn’t a fan or anything like that.

IDOL: So you weren’t aware of the phenomenon?

Tyson: No I wasn’t at all, and when I went to the casting I didn’t even know it was for Twilight. They said that it was for a major motion picture, and they were looking for people who were native American between 15 and 25. And I was like, I fall in that category, so I’ll go check it out. And so I went down there and I ended up getting the part! I’m glad things have just managed to work out that way.

IDOL: So you graduated and you decided to go to Vancouver, was there a particular reason, were you pursuing your acting career?

Tyson: Um, sort of, it wasn’t really that I wanted to pursue an acting career, it was more wanting to take a year off. I planned to go to university originally, but I had no idea what I wanted to do yet, so I was like I’ll move to Vancouver and take a year off. But actually after I got the part I totally changed my plans, now I’m like living in Vancouver permanently, have an agent and work as an actor full time.

IDOL: Did you study acting before all this?

Tyson: Not a lot, I mean I took drama classes in high school and stuff like that. And when I moved to Vancouver I started taking a part time acting course just at an acting studio. But that was pretty much it. I’ve sort of fallen into it.

It’s always something I’ve enjoyed, I always have fun in my acting classes. It was something that initially scared me and I was nervous about it, and I sort of enjoyed that. I liked doing things that I was afraid of. So there was that aspect, but it was really fun, I liked it.

IDOL: What do you think you would have done if you hadn’t gone through the audition?

Tyson: I have no idea, I was considering going to university to take Philosophy.

IDOL: What a contrast!

Tyson: Yeah, I love to read books and stuff like that, so I thought yeah I’ll go to university to do philosophy, like I enjoy acting but realistically I never thought I could make a career out of it. I thought I’d be in Vancouver, and I’d be poor, and have no job, and the acting wouldn’t go anywhere, but things just didn’t turn out that way.

IDOL: Obviously, you’re very young. Most people maybe go into a big Broadway theatre show first, or go into TV production, but you’ve gone straight into Twilight. Do you feel a lot of pressure to perform as an actor for that?

Tyson: Yeah, it is a little bit overwhelming, I mean it was at first, but I’ve tried to gear myself to expect anything really, and just to hold on tight I guess, like a roller-coaster. And so far I’ve been able to take all of it really well. It’s been a great time, I’m really comfortable on set now, I think I handle myself well.

IDOL: How did it feel to come into a casts who already settled in their role in the previous movie?

Tyson: I thought it was really cool, like it was great working with people that had that experience. It gave me something to bounce off and something to learn from. So I was always learning, and I felt like all the time I had to keep my wits about me, because I know there was something to learn there. So I was like, here’s someone with real experience, I’ll feed off of their energy, and work with it.

IDOL: Have you had much media attention?

Tyson: There has been quite a lot of stuff happening lately. I mean the movies haven’t even come out yet. And it’s been really great so far. I’m not really prepared for what’s going to happen after the movies come out.

IDOL: Have you had any other auditions, or any other plans for films besides the Twilight saga?

Tyson: No plans yet. I’m really appreciative of everything that’s happened so far, I mean I plan to use this as a huge stepping stone to get to bigger things. But I’m obviously following a career in acting now, and I’m letting it take me wherever it will. So I have an agent now, I’m doing auditions now. I haven’t got anything yet, but it’s going to open a lot of doors.

IDOL: So now you know what path your following do you have an ultimate goal?

Tyson: I’d like to see myself getting an Oscar in the future. One day.
Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1