Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009 Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009 2zq8s3c
Eric
Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009 Near15
Paul Wesley
Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009 23kagwg
Damon
Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009 24pjt4p
Stats

Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009   Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 5:35 am

Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009 1_b

Did you know that his role “Eric Yorkie” in Twilight wasn’t written for an Asian guy? He obviously impressed enough for the casting agents of Twilight to cast him in the role of Eric

Starting today we count down the top ten most influential Korean-Americans from 2009. It’s been an incredible year with Korean-Americans becoming more prominent in every facet of life from entertainment to politics. Till the end of the year, we’ll showcase these Korean-Americans who really stood out in 2009 and today we begin the countdown with Mr. Justin Chon at #10.

When we looked at our web analytics logs, Justin Chon was one of the most searched people on our website and the two interviews we conducted with him had some of the highest traffic this past year. Justin Chon had a breakout year with a key role again in the wildly popular Twilight Saga film (New Moon), which may end up being the highest grossing film this year. He also had big roles in the movie Crossing Over, and the indie film Turbo. Justin’s one of the rising stars in Hollywood and that can definitely be attributed to his work ethic. Did you know that his role “Eric Yorkie” in Twilight wasn’t written for an Asian guy? He obviously impressed enough for the casting agents of Twilight to cast him in the role of Eric. In the film Crossover, he acted along side legendary actors Harrison Ford, Ray Liotta and Ashley Judd. Justin is as Californian as they come but he portrayed a Korean immigrant struggling to adopt to America in Crossover. We had the opportunity to talk to him over the course of the year and he is truly a nerd when it comes to acting and we know he has range. Though his father was an actor in South Korea and he has the acting genes, he knows how much more he has to work. It was obvious to us how much he respects his craft and how hard he works at honing his skills. He’s very appreciative of the Twilight fame but his ambition is to work harder and to challenge himself with bigger roles. Justin had a great year in 2009 and we know you’ll see more of him in 2010 and beyond.
Back to top Go down

Most influential Korean-Americans from 2009
Page 1 of 1