Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Caught Caring: Peter Facinelli, Project Halo and 1736 Family Crisis Center I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Caught Caring: Peter Facinelli, Project Halo and 1736 Family Crisis Center I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Caught Caring: Peter Facinelli, Project Halo and 1736 Family Crisis Center I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Caught Caring: Peter Facinelli, Project Halo and 1736 Family Crisis Center I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Caught Caring: Peter Facinelli, Project Halo and 1736 Family Crisis Center I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Caught Caring: Peter Facinelli, Project Halo and 1736 Family Crisis Center I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Caught Caring: Peter Facinelli, Project Halo and 1736 Family Crisis Center I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Caught Caring: Peter Facinelli, Project Halo and 1736 Family Crisis Center I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Caught Caring: Peter Facinelli, Project Halo and 1736 Family Crisis Center I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Caught Caring: Peter Facinelli, Project Halo and 1736 Family Crisis Center Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Caught Caring: Peter Facinelli, Project Halo and 1736 Family Crisis Center 2zq8s3c
Eric
Caught Caring: Peter Facinelli, Project Halo and 1736 Family Crisis Center Near15
Paul Wesley
Caught Caring: Peter Facinelli, Project Halo and 1736 Family Crisis Center 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Caught Caring: Peter Facinelli, Project Halo and 1736 Family Crisis Center 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Caught Caring: Peter Facinelli, Project Halo and 1736 Family Crisis Center 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Caught Caring: Peter Facinelli, Project Halo and 1736 Family Crisis Center 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Caught Caring: Peter Facinelli, Project Halo and 1736 Family Crisis Center 23kagwg
Damon
Caught Caring: Peter Facinelli, Project Halo and 1736 Family Crisis Center 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Caught Caring: Peter Facinelli, Project Halo and 1736 Family Crisis Center 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Caught Caring: Peter Facinelli, Project Halo and 1736 Family Crisis Center 24pjt4p
Stats

Caught Caring: Peter Facinelli, Project Halo and 1736 Family Crisis Center

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Caught Caring: Peter Facinelli, Project Halo and 1736 Family Crisis Center Empty
PostSubject: Caught Caring: Peter Facinelli, Project Halo and 1736 Family Crisis Center   Caught Caring: Peter Facinelli, Project Halo and 1736 Family Crisis Center I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:32 am

The importance of a healthy father-daughter relationship should never be underscored, and it’s something that Peter Facinelli is no doubt well aware of.

Dad to Luca Bella, 12, Lola Ray, 7, and Fiona Eve, 3½, the Twilight star is hoping to spread the word with his involvement in Project Halo, a new fund-raising effort from the 1736 Family Crisis Center.

“I am proud to take part,” Facinelli, 36, tells PEOPLE Moms & Babies. “I believe that every man, woman and child have the right to live with dignity in a healthy, safe environment free of emotional, physical, or sexual abuse.”

Caught Caring: Peter Facinelli, Project Halo and 1736 Family Crisis Center 29zvs4l

Studies indicate that girls who grow up with safe, strong male role models are less likely, as adults, to enter into abusive relationships. With an end to domestic violence at the heart of 1736 Family Crisis Center’s mission, Project Halo seeks to change the mindset of — and bring awareness to — women years before they go on to become battered.

By making a donation to Project Halo, you will receive a peace-inspired headband or necktie created by children housed in 1736 Family Crisis Center’s shelters as part of their therapeutic healing process.

“The children who created these ties and headbands will benefit from your purchase,” Facinelli points out. “Please help this cause.”

What began as a single shelter for street youth in the 1970s has turned into quite a success story for 1736 Family Crisis Center, which now operates five shelters and four community service centers throughout Los Angeles. There, victims receive expert services specifically designed to help them overcome the effects of violence. 1736 Family Crisis Center also offers four 24-hour crisis hotlines which service the community at large, offering immediate counseling and referrals.

To make a donation, click here; For other ways you can help, click here.

Luca, Lola and Fiona are Facinelli’s children with wife Jennie Garth.

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1