Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Big Night Approaches For Anna Kendrick I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Big Night Approaches For Anna Kendrick I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Big Night Approaches For Anna Kendrick I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Big Night Approaches For Anna Kendrick I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Big Night Approaches For Anna Kendrick I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Big Night Approaches For Anna Kendrick I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Big Night Approaches For Anna Kendrick I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Big Night Approaches For Anna Kendrick I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Big Night Approaches For Anna Kendrick I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Big Night Approaches For Anna Kendrick Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Big Night Approaches For Anna Kendrick 2zq8s3c
Eric
Big Night Approaches For Anna Kendrick Near15
Paul Wesley
Big Night Approaches For Anna Kendrick 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Big Night Approaches For Anna Kendrick 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Big Night Approaches For Anna Kendrick 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Big Night Approaches For Anna Kendrick 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Big Night Approaches For Anna Kendrick 23kagwg
Damon
Big Night Approaches For Anna Kendrick 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Big Night Approaches For Anna Kendrick 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Big Night Approaches For Anna Kendrick 24pjt4p
Stats

Big Night Approaches For Anna Kendrick

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Big Night Approaches For Anna Kendrick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Night Approaches For Anna Kendrick   Big Night Approaches For Anna Kendrick I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 1:50 pm

PORTLAND, Maine — When the curtain goes up on the 82nd Academy Awards in Hollywood on Sunday, Best Supporting Actress nominee and Deering High grad Anna Kendrick will have her own rooting section inside the Kodak Theatre.

Jan Kendrick, the actress’ mother, tells News 8 that she and Anna’s older brother, Michael, will attend the ceremony. The 24-year-old actress, who is nominated for her role opposite George Clooney in “Up in the Air,” is also scheduled to present the Oscar for sound editing and mixing, according to Jan Kendrick.

And, Jan Kendrick says, her daughter’s date is not last year’s American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert. Jan Kendrick says rumors circulated after her daughter told Ryan Seacrest that she and Lambert were friends and that Lambert was “a fun guy.”

In “Up in the Air,” Anna Kendrick plays an assistant to Clooney’s character, a corporate downsizer who is starting to have second thoughts about the kind of life he’s leading.

Jan Kendrick says the months since “Up in the Air” was released have been a whirlwind for her daughter, who also earned a Golden Globe nomination for her work in the film. Mo’Nique won the Golden Globe for her role in the film, “Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire.” Mo’Nique also is nominated for a best supporting actress Oscar.

Other best supporting actress nominees include Penelope Cruz for “Nine,” Vera Farmga for “Up in the Air,” and Maggie Gyllenhaal for “Crazy Heart.”

Jan Kendrick says the last awards ceremony she attended was the 1998 Tony Awards when then 12-year-old Anna was nominated in the category of best featured actress in a musical for “High Society.”

Jan Kendrick says she’s not sure how much her daughter’s life will change should she win an Academy Award.

“What really changed was when ‘Up in the Air’ came out” and there was talk that she would be nominated for an Oscar, Jan Kendrick says.

Anna Kendrick did “interview after interview” after the Oscar nominations were announced, Jan Kendrick says. She also traveled back and forth from the East Coast to the West Coast.

Jan Kendrick says she does not expect her daughter to get much of a break - win or lose - after Sunday’s awards. Anna Kendrick is currently filming a movie in Vancouver, British Columbia with Seth Rogan and James McAvoy. She also has two films coming out this year, “Scott Pilgrim vs. the World” and “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.”

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1