Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Candice Accola Is a Sucker for Love I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Candice Accola Is a Sucker for Love I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Candice Accola Is a Sucker for Love I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Candice Accola Is a Sucker for Love I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Candice Accola Is a Sucker for Love I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Candice Accola Is a Sucker for Love I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Candice Accola Is a Sucker for Love I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Candice Accola Is a Sucker for Love I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Candice Accola Is a Sucker for Love I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Candice Accola Is a Sucker for Love Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Candice Accola Is a Sucker for Love 2zq8s3c
Eric
Candice Accola Is a Sucker for Love Near15
Paul Wesley
Candice Accola Is a Sucker for Love 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Candice Accola Is a Sucker for Love 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Candice Accola Is a Sucker for Love 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Candice Accola Is a Sucker for Love 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Candice Accola Is a Sucker for Love 23kagwg
Damon
Candice Accola Is a Sucker for Love 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Candice Accola Is a Sucker for Love 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Candice Accola Is a Sucker for Love 24pjt4p
Stats

Candice Accola Is a Sucker for Love

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Candice Accola Is a Sucker for Love Empty
PostSubject: Candice Accola Is a Sucker for Love   Candice Accola Is a Sucker for Love I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 3:07 pm

Candice Accola Is a Sucker for Love 2ps4qzc

At the tender age of 22, Candice Accola has already attained a great deal of success. She was signed to a record label at 16, toured the country with Miley Cyrus at 20, and currently stars on the CW’s #1 show, The Vampire Diaries. Despite these achievements, Candice says she’s not immune to insecurity when it comes to matters of the heart. "I'm a girl in her twenties trying to figure it all out," she says. "I definitely understand vulnerability." That’s something she and her character, Caroline Forbes, have in common.

Where were you born and raised?

I was born in Houston, Texas and raised in Orlando, Florida.

What were you like in high school?

I always had tons of friends and I considered myself a floater because I never belonged to a particular clique. I was a singer so I always did lots of activities outside of school. Halfway through my junior year, I moved to LA and six months later, I was signed to Maverick.

How did it feel to get signed to a music label at such a young age?

Surreal! It happened quickly. That's when it resonated that if I kick my butt hard and stay positive, I can achieve what I want.

Your success isn't surprising, considering you have two successful parents.

My dad is a cardiovascular surgeon and my mom worked as an environmental engineer. My parents both come from small towns in the midwest and their version of getting a record deal or being on a television series was to be a doctor or an engineer. As long as I had little successes on my way to a big success, they knew that acting was something I wanted, and something that would be attainable. I’ve been fortunate to have supportive parents.

Did you ever consider becoming a surgeon or an engineer?

No. It wasn’t my cup of tea. But I'm fascinated by their career choices and the passion they put into them. When I was younger, my mom designed landfills so for one of my science experiments I designed miniature landfills. And whenever I go home, my little ritual is to go watch my father do surgery.

Your mother was striving to become an engineer in a time when it was unheard of for a woman to major in that field. Did growing up under her influence turn you into a feminist?

There's a touch of feminism in all us young women in this new generation. We’re not anti-male but we have a whole new sense of independence.

Is it true that you were a background singer for a Hannah Montana tour?

Yeah, during the writer’s strike in LA. I knew the band director and he invited me to work as a backup singer. This was before Miley Cyrus was Miley Cryus. It was a blast. It was one of the biggest selling tours of the decade and I got to play rock star for a little while.

Now you’re starring on the CW’s biggest hit, The Vampire Diaries. Tell us about auditioning for the show?

I had my game face on. I liked Caroline, and my audition was the scene at the end of the pilot where she’s talking to Bonnie about how she’s never the one who gets the guy. I love that scene so much and when I read it, I was like, ‘Oh my goodness! I have so been there!’ I’ve asked that question before: Why not me? Caroline is so relatable.

What was it like, finding out you got the part?

It was the best feeling in the world. When you finally get that 'yes' after hearing so many 'no’s'.

In what ways are you similar to Caroline?

She's trying to figure out what she wants from love. A lot of girls can relate to that, including me.

Your character's big episode airs on April 22. What can you tell us about it?

She lets go of the little things and looks at the big picture. People are going to be pleasantly surprised by how much she grows.

Will her relationship with Matt [Zach Roerig] last?

It continues for the rest of the season. None of us know what’s coming up next season and we're all like vultures trying to figure it out. I love their relationship. I’m such a sucker for TV romances.

Describe the May 13 VD finale in three words.

Parade, passion and fear!

Have you shot the finale yet?

This episode is taking as many days to shoot as the pilot! This isn't your average run of the mill standard work week. The finale takes things to a whole new level.

What are you planning to do during your hiatus?

I’m going back to LA to press around with some music, enjoy the sunshine, and gear up for season two. It's going to be one hell of a ride and one hell of a work year!

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1