Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!' I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!' Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!' 2zq8s3c
Eric
'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!' Near15
Paul Wesley
'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!' 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!' 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!' 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!' 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!' 23kagwg
Damon
'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!' 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!' 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!' 24pjt4p
Stats

'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!' Empty
PostSubject: 'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!'   'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!' I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 1:22 pm

'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!'

'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow And Steven R. McQueen Are Best Friends: 'He's So Much Fun!' 23vz3hy

Moving to a strange city to work with a group of complete strangers can be intimidating. It certainly was for Malese Jow when she flew to Atlanta to begin filming her guest arc on "The Vampire Diaries," where she was both the newest and the youngest addition to an already established cast and crew.

"I felt kind of like the new kid in school, coming in mid-school year," she told Hollywood Crush. "But everyone was so welcoming — I couldn't have asked for a better cast and crew to jump in with."

It was a little easier to adapt when Malese realized she'd be working with Steven McQueen, whom she had already hung out with once before. Now they're on-set BFFs. "Steven's definitely my best friend as far as the cast goes. And we actually knew each other from before. When I showed up on set he was like, 'Oh, no way!' and we ended up laughing the whole entire day and things haven't changed. He is just so much fun to be around on set. We both have that friendship going."

Like any good BFF, Malese had plenty of funny stories about working with Steven ("Oh, Steven would hate me if I told you this story!"), but, like a good bestie, she wouldn't share anything too revealing. "I have a really embarrassing story about him, but I'll tell you a different one."

"My first day on set," she recalls, "Steven had some really, really big words to say. He had to say the words 'allegorical' and 'folklore' and stuff and he just could not spit them out. I had a heyday with that. I would make fun of him, and he would make fun of himself — it was a hilarious day on set. If you ever talk to him again, ask him to say allegorical or folklore, courtesy of me."

Clearly the "Vampire Diaries" atmosphere is a fun, close-knit one (as Katerina Graham and Steven already told Hollywood Crush, everybody really does hang out off set), but there is an ominous feeling in the air occasionally: Since Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec have proven that anything is liable to happen on the show, even series regulars aren't sure how long their characters will stick around Mystic Falls.

"I think everyone's always on edge whenever we get that next script. I think that's what also makes the show so exciting. Not only is the audience at home watching on [the edge of] their seats, but so are we. It keeps things fresh, and you're always doing your best. So I think it really helps, and I think that's why the show's so successful."

Do you hope Anna sticks around for another season in Mystic Falls? Are you surprised that we keep hearing about how close-knit the "VD" cast and crew really are? How bummed are you that there are only a couple of episodes left?

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1