Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Kevin Williamson: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Finale To Defy Expectations I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Kevin Williamson: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Finale To Defy Expectations I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Kevin Williamson: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Finale To Defy Expectations I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Kevin Williamson: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Finale To Defy Expectations I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Kevin Williamson: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Finale To Defy Expectations I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Kevin Williamson: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Finale To Defy Expectations I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Kevin Williamson: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Finale To Defy Expectations I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Kevin Williamson: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Finale To Defy Expectations I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Kevin Williamson: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Finale To Defy Expectations I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Kevin Williamson: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Finale To Defy Expectations Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Kevin Williamson: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Finale To Defy Expectations 2zq8s3c
Eric
Kevin Williamson: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Finale To Defy Expectations Near15
Paul Wesley
Kevin Williamson: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Finale To Defy Expectations 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Kevin Williamson: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Finale To Defy Expectations 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Kevin Williamson: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Finale To Defy Expectations 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Kevin Williamson: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Finale To Defy Expectations 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Kevin Williamson: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Finale To Defy Expectations 23kagwg
Damon
Kevin Williamson: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Finale To Defy Expectations 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Kevin Williamson: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Finale To Defy Expectations 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Kevin Williamson: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Finale To Defy Expectations 24pjt4p
Stats

Kevin Williamson: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Finale To Defy Expectations

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Kevin Williamson: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Finale To Defy Expectations Empty
PostSubject: Kevin Williamson: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Finale To Defy Expectations   Kevin Williamson: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Finale To Defy Expectations I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:53 pm

Last summer, executive producers Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson took L.J. Smith’s books and turned them into the ‘Vampire Diaries.’ The show was initially marketed as a ‘Twilight’ clone. In a few episodes, though, ‘Vampire Diaries’ proved that it was the heir to the great ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’.

Indeed, what began as a love triangle between a noble vampire, a teenage girl, and his gloriously evil brother evolved into a sophisticated series with a complex mythology and the best cliffhangers on television. The much-anticipated finale, airing May 13 on the CW, promises to be a best episode yet – as Plec and Williamson told us, they hope it defies expectations.

They answered five questions for Fancast.com’s finale special.

1. What were the high points of the season? Everything. But if I had to pick some favorites…I always lean toward the OMG moments. For me, Vicki’s death was a high point because it helped define what type of show we were. I thought Elena finding the picture of Katherine post-sex, pre-car wreck was a high point. And the opening of the tomb revealing that Katherine was NOT in it was a biggie.

2. Do you have a favorite episode, line, or scene from this season? If so – what? There are a few moments in the finale that qualify as my favorite but you’ll have to wait for it. I’m particularly proud of 105. It was early on and we were still finding the show. I felt this episode brought all the elements together for me. The writing, directing, design, acting, photography, wardrobe, hair/make-up, everything came together for me and I truly saw the “epic” that Julie and I had envisioned.

3. Take us inside your approach to the finale, and what you wanted to accomplish. We wanted to entertain, defy even the most avid viewer’s expectations, and leave everyone wanting to tune in next season to see how things will unfold.

4. Did anything disappoint you about this season? Anything you wish you could have done, but didn’t have the time, forethought or resources? We wish we could have spent considerably more time on set with our great production staff and cast. Shooting in Atlanta, with the writer’s room in LA, it was difficult to make that happen sometimes. I wish we had more prep time with the scripts — time is always a factor. A few more bucks and we might have seen that church burn to the ground in an 1864 flashback — but I’m genuinely happy. I think our cast and Atlanta team did an amazing job of making or scripts sing. It was a tough first year and I couldn’t be happier with the results.

5. What should fans look forward to next season? Stefan and Elena. Damon and Elena. Damon and Stefan. Shirtless.

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1