Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue' I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue' Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue' 2zq8s3c
Eric
Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue' Near15
Paul Wesley
Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue' 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue' 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue' 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue' 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue' 23kagwg
Damon
Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue' 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue' 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue' 24pjt4p
Stats

Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue' Empty
PostSubject: Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue'   Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue' I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 3:01 am

Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue' 60a9c380964465 Xavier Samuel 'Teen Vogue' F4593e80964472

CLICK PICTURES FOR FULL SIZE

Aussie actor Xavier Samuel cuts his teeth as Eclipse's new vampire on the block. When Xavier Samuel arrived in Vancouver last summer, he didn't make it far past baggage claim before he started making headlines. With just a few offbeat Australian flicks under his belt, the sandy-haired 26-year-old had been chosen to play newborn vampire Riley, the latest heartthrob in The Twilight Saga. Almost instantaneously he was being hailed as Robert Pattinson's doppelgänger and couldn't get coffee without seeing flashbulbs.

"It was all very sudden, not just with the paparazzi but also with being cast in general," says Xavier, who's been acting since high school. "I did an audition from Sydney on tape. Then I got word that it was down to four guys—and that I was one of them." (Rumor has it he beat out Channing Tatum and Harry Potter's Tom Felton for the part.)

But the role of Riley was a perfect fit—and Xavier had a blast hanging out on the set of Eclipse. An indie-rock aficionado who has recently been digging The Magnetic Fields and The xx, Xavier joined in on periodic jam sessions with fellow guitarists Robert and Jackson Rathbone. (Xavier travels everywhere with his old Yamaha C-40.) And he bonded with Bryce Dallas Howard—his on-screen love interest, vampire trainer Victoria—who thought she was helping him get acclimated with stateside pop culture when she bought him a DVD box set of Lost. "People think that there's, like, one public phone in Australia and that we all ride kangaroos to work," the Adelaide native jokes. "They're surprised we do actually get American TV and things there."

After a few months of couch surfing in Los Angeles post-Eclipse, Xavier took off for Berlin, where he's been filming the Roland Emmerich–directed Anonymous, an Elizabethan thriller that contests the authorship of Shakespeare's plays. "It's been lots of tights, pantaloons, and riding around on horses—definitely a change of speed," he says. "To go from Stephenie Meyer to Shakespeare? You can't really make a bigger jump than that."

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1