Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Twilight Graphic Novel to Hit NY Times Bestseller List I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Twilight Graphic Novel to Hit NY Times Bestseller List I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Twilight Graphic Novel to Hit NY Times Bestseller List I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Twilight Graphic Novel to Hit NY Times Bestseller List I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Twilight Graphic Novel to Hit NY Times Bestseller List I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Twilight Graphic Novel to Hit NY Times Bestseller List I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Twilight Graphic Novel to Hit NY Times Bestseller List I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Twilight Graphic Novel to Hit NY Times Bestseller List I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Twilight Graphic Novel to Hit NY Times Bestseller List I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Twilight Graphic Novel to Hit NY Times Bestseller List Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Twilight Graphic Novel to Hit NY Times Bestseller List 2zq8s3c
Eric
Twilight Graphic Novel to Hit NY Times Bestseller List Near15
Paul Wesley
Twilight Graphic Novel to Hit NY Times Bestseller List 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Twilight Graphic Novel to Hit NY Times Bestseller List 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Twilight Graphic Novel to Hit NY Times Bestseller List 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Twilight Graphic Novel to Hit NY Times Bestseller List 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Twilight Graphic Novel to Hit NY Times Bestseller List 23kagwg
Damon
Twilight Graphic Novel to Hit NY Times Bestseller List 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Twilight Graphic Novel to Hit NY Times Bestseller List 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Twilight Graphic Novel to Hit NY Times Bestseller List 24pjt4p
Stats

Twilight Graphic Novel to Hit NY Times Bestseller List

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Twilight Graphic Novel to Hit NY Times Bestseller List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight Graphic Novel to Hit NY Times Bestseller List   Twilight Graphic Novel to Hit NY Times Bestseller List I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 5:31 am

Twilight Graphic Novel to Hit NY Times Bestseller List 2569153

It takes roughly two weeks from date of release for a book to be eligible for the New York Times Bestseller list. Less than ten years ago there were only 4 lists hardcover/softcover and fiction/non-fiction. They split the lists since then into many, many subcategories. The reason for the split was that the Harry Potter books took over the top three spots for a solid three years producing…shall we say…discontent, among other authors and publishers that “a mere children’s book” was robbing them of their rightful place.

The result was the splitting of the list. A byproduct of this split, in our opinion, was why the Twilight Saga novels didn’t catch the media attention as quickly. They were relegated to a sub-category in the children’s books division. Had the list still been in the old style, starting with the release of New Moon, the Twilight novels would have clogged the list the way Harry Potter had. We base this theory on the fact that the novels ruled the top positions on the USA Today and Wall Street Journal lists which rank the way the New York Times used to; that is to say lumping everyone in together.

So where is all this fascinating history of the bestseller lists going you may ask? The graphic novel will be on the New York Times best seller list next week. It’s sales are the highest ever recorded for a graphic novel. The book debuted in the number 6 position on the USA Today list the first week it was eligible (Quite an accomplishment since graphic novels are not really everybody’s thing.)

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1