Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
New 'Twilight' book raises fears of PDF attacks I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
New 'Twilight' book raises fears of PDF attacks I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
New 'Twilight' book raises fears of PDF attacks I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
New 'Twilight' book raises fears of PDF attacks I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
New 'Twilight' book raises fears of PDF attacks I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
New 'Twilight' book raises fears of PDF attacks I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
New 'Twilight' book raises fears of PDF attacks I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
New 'Twilight' book raises fears of PDF attacks I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
New 'Twilight' book raises fears of PDF attacks I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
New 'Twilight' book raises fears of PDF attacks Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
New 'Twilight' book raises fears of PDF attacks 2zq8s3c
Eric
New 'Twilight' book raises fears of PDF attacks Near15
Paul Wesley
New 'Twilight' book raises fears of PDF attacks 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
New 'Twilight' book raises fears of PDF attacks 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
New 'Twilight' book raises fears of PDF attacks 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
New 'Twilight' book raises fears of PDF attacks 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
New 'Twilight' book raises fears of PDF attacks 23kagwg
Damon
New 'Twilight' book raises fears of PDF attacks 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
New 'Twilight' book raises fears of PDF attacks 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
New 'Twilight' book raises fears of PDF attacks 24pjt4p
Stats

New 'Twilight' book raises fears of PDF attacks

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

New 'Twilight' book raises fears of PDF attacks Empty
PostSubject: New 'Twilight' book raises fears of PDF attacks   New 'Twilight' book raises fears of PDF attacks I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 4:03 pm

Release of novella could increase risk from 'poisoned' e-book files

The release of a new novella in the popular 'Twilight' series could spark a malware outbreak, say security experts.

Security vendor PC Tools issued a warning to users in advance of the release of author Stephenie Meyer's new title "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner." A digital version of the book is scheduled to be released on the web 7 June.

The company warned that the 'Twilight' author's latest release could find its way onto the web as a PDF file which could be compromised by malware writers to contain malicious Javascript code and infect users with malware.

PC Tools said that the threat of 'poisoned' e-book files has increased with the growth of reader tablets and other devices which can be used to read digital titles.

"They will exploit the online searches to find ways to infect computers with malware and new threats," the company said.

"Eager fans searching for early sneak peeks will also be targeted."

The company is recommending that users only download the title from trusted sources, scan all downloads before launching and be wary supposed e-books which come as executable files.

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1