Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Summit sues to stop sale of Bella Swan jacket I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Summit sues to stop sale of Bella Swan jacket I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Summit sues to stop sale of Bella Swan jacket I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Summit sues to stop sale of Bella Swan jacket I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Summit sues to stop sale of Bella Swan jacket I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Summit sues to stop sale of Bella Swan jacket I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Summit sues to stop sale of Bella Swan jacket I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Summit sues to stop sale of Bella Swan jacket I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Summit sues to stop sale of Bella Swan jacket I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Summit sues to stop sale of Bella Swan jacket Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Summit sues to stop sale of Bella Swan jacket 2zq8s3c
Eric
Summit sues to stop sale of Bella Swan jacket Near15
Paul Wesley
Summit sues to stop sale of Bella Swan jacket 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Summit sues to stop sale of Bella Swan jacket 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Summit sues to stop sale of Bella Swan jacket 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Summit sues to stop sale of Bella Swan jacket 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Summit sues to stop sale of Bella Swan jacket 23kagwg
Damon
Summit sues to stop sale of Bella Swan jacket 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Summit sues to stop sale of Bella Swan jacket 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Summit sues to stop sale of Bella Swan jacket 24pjt4p
Stats

Summit sues to stop sale of Bella Swan jacket

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Summit sues to stop sale of Bella Swan jacket Empty
PostSubject: Summit sues to stop sale of Bella Swan jacket   Summit sues to stop sale of Bella Swan jacket I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:30 am

Summit sues to stop sale of Bella Swan jacket 20sizjp

Summit Entertainment, the studio behind the Twilight franchise, has filed a lawsuit against BB Dakota claiming copyright and trademark infringement because the label insists upon advertising one of its jackets (pictured) as “JACKET SEEN IN TWILIGHT.” According to The Hollywood Reporter, in their lawsuit, “Summit seeks an injunction against further sale of the item, all profits earned from the jacket, and — the horror! — it wants B.B. Dakota to ‘deliver to Summit for destruction all Bella Jackets.’”

In my opinion, Summit at least had the right to ask the designer to spell Bella Swan’s name correctly in the jacket’s description on its site: “Bella Swann [sic] wears this jacket in Twilight and scores the hottest vampire in high school, and so can you!” But the fact is, the jacket existed before Kristen Stewart wore it in the first film, directed by Catherine Hardwicke. In fact, that movie’s costume designer, Wendy Chuck, detailed for EW just how it came to be in the picture: ”I was planning to use the brown hoodie for that sequence, but the director of photography hated the fact that [Stewart's] hair and the jacket were both brown and felt she got lost in it,” Chuck told us. So, she made a last-minute run to outlet store Nordstrom Rack to hunt for a replacement. ”I literally brought that blue one on set just before they rolled cameras. Then Catherine said, ‘Wendy saved the day!’ That made me a hero.”

Luckily, Edward’s pea coat was one of a kind.

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1