Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
'Eclipse' actress Elizabeth Reaser: Five moments she loved filming I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
'Eclipse' actress Elizabeth Reaser: Five moments she loved filming I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
'Eclipse' actress Elizabeth Reaser: Five moments she loved filming I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
'Eclipse' actress Elizabeth Reaser: Five moments she loved filming I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
'Eclipse' actress Elizabeth Reaser: Five moments she loved filming I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
'Eclipse' actress Elizabeth Reaser: Five moments she loved filming I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
'Eclipse' actress Elizabeth Reaser: Five moments she loved filming I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
'Eclipse' actress Elizabeth Reaser: Five moments she loved filming I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
'Eclipse' actress Elizabeth Reaser: Five moments she loved filming I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
'Eclipse' actress Elizabeth Reaser: Five moments she loved filming Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
'Eclipse' actress Elizabeth Reaser: Five moments she loved filming 2zq8s3c
Eric
'Eclipse' actress Elizabeth Reaser: Five moments she loved filming Near15
Paul Wesley
'Eclipse' actress Elizabeth Reaser: Five moments she loved filming 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
'Eclipse' actress Elizabeth Reaser: Five moments she loved filming 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
'Eclipse' actress Elizabeth Reaser: Five moments she loved filming 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
'Eclipse' actress Elizabeth Reaser: Five moments she loved filming 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
'Eclipse' actress Elizabeth Reaser: Five moments she loved filming 23kagwg
Damon
'Eclipse' actress Elizabeth Reaser: Five moments she loved filming 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
'Eclipse' actress Elizabeth Reaser: Five moments she loved filming 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
'Eclipse' actress Elizabeth Reaser: Five moments she loved filming 24pjt4p
Stats

'Eclipse' actress Elizabeth Reaser: Five moments she loved filming

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

'Eclipse' actress Elizabeth Reaser: Five moments she loved filming Empty
PostSubject: 'Eclipse' actress Elizabeth Reaser: Five moments she loved filming   'Eclipse' actress Elizabeth Reaser: Five moments she loved filming I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:23 pm

'Eclipse' actress Elizabeth Reaser: Five moments she loved filming 19blz4

When Elizabeth Reaser dropped by EW HQ last month, she was just happy to be wearing blush — portraying a vampire mom in three movies as part of the Twilight franchise would cause anyone to develop an appreciation for looking alive.

But while dead was always part of the deal — she was playing a vampire after all — what came more unexpectedly was Reaser’s turn as an action star in Eclipse, opening June 30 (as if we needed to remind you…). “It’s definitely an action movie, which I never anticipated being in, and I didn’t even really realize it until they said, ‘Ok, you’re going to fight training five days a week, and then you’re going to a personal trainer for two hours after that every day,’” Reaser said.

The actress, who plays Cullen matriarch Esme, had yet to see much footage from the final product at the time of our chat, but if her instincts translate well onscreen, she said she’s going to be one badass mom. “Esme’s the most loving character in the whole series, in my opinion, but — pardon my French — if you f— with one of Esme’s children, you are going down,” she said, laughing. “…That stuff can so quickly turn into Saturday Night Live if you’re not doing it well. Hopefully, we pulled it off.”

* “I enjoyed the stuff with Bree [Jodelle Ferland] and Dakota [Fanning]. Dakota is really scary in this movie [laughs]. She’s so unsettling because she has that angelic face, and she’s so terrifying. I mean, genuinely. It was impressive. Her character intimidated our characters so genuinely, which is great as an actor, to watch a 15-year-old come up and scare the s–t out of you. We were genuinely scared.”

* “There was an action scene I did with Peter [Facinelli] where we were in a battle. We fight together — because we’re a team and he’s so protective he wouldn’t let me fight by myself — it’s pretty intense. We both do some intensely violent things, which was pretty scary. And I didn’t enjoy that stuff. I realized I don’t like pretending to hit people because it kind of makes me feel bad, like what if I hit them [for real]? What if I get nervous? And so the director was like, ‘You’re not getting mad.’ He tried to piss me off and it worked. [Laughs] He started yelling things at me off-camera to genuinely make me mad. So then I got really mad and he was like, ‘Yea!’ It was a weird thing but a great tactic on his part.”

* “I like all the stuff in the house. They re-created the house we shot in back in Portland. I mean, they built the entire house. It was amazing. Every detail was exactly the same. So I really liked those scenes where we were all sitting around, trying to make decisions, and being a family. It’s what you want a family to be, and that’s part of what appeals to me about these books and characters. They’ve chosen their family and chosen to be together — none of us are actually related. So there’s something about all of us being together that’s so nice.”

* “Bryce [Dallas Howard] and Xavier [Samuel] have a scene on the bridge. I remember Nikki [Reed] and I were on set for a hair test, and we went down to set to check it out, and it was beautiful and sexy. I’m excited to see it.”

* “There was a really cool scene where we meet with the wolves. It’s a complicated thing we’re trying to do; we’re trying to team up with them to defeat the Newborns and save our way of life and save our family. So we collaborate with them, and it’s not easy. So we have this first meeting with them, and what’s funny about it is that they’re not wolves in real life. So they had these cardboard cutout wolves for us for our eye line — because you know they go in there and build the wolves later with CGI. So we were doing these really intense, serious scenes with these hilarious cardboard cutout wolves in the middle of this big forest. It was so surreal. I kind of wish we just shot it with those wolves. I think it would have been really interesting. [Laughs]“

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1