Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl 2zq8s3c
Eric
Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl Near15
Paul Wesley
Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl 23kagwg
Damon
Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl 24pjt4p
Stats

Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl Empty
PostSubject: Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl   Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:25 pm

Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl J58srd

Tinsel Korey
Birthday: March 25, 1980
Hometown: Toronto, Ontario

Where You've Seen Her: Despite having half of her face covered by cruel special effects scar make-up, Tinsel shines as wolf-loving Native American Emily Young in the Twilight movies. When not dodging rabid fans, she is also an up-and-coming artist on the Canadian music scene. Tinsel returns as Emily in this month's The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.

On the Twilight phenomenon: "I have a scar in the movie so I think people are expecting me to have a scar in real life, so I don't always get recognized on the street and stuff like that. So I kind of live in my own bubble. I mean, yeah, I get to go to conventions and hear screaming fans and stuff like that."

On character authenticity: "Most people don't even know that the Quileute nation—which is the [wolves'] nation in the book—is actually a real nation. And I visited with them and I went over and I taught their kids acting for a couple days. And actually my character is from the Makah nation and after I visited my cousin on the Quileute reserve, I went to the Makah nation, too, and I spoke to their kids as well. So it's actually a real nation that most people are not even aware of."

On hairless werewolves: "You know what? Native American men actually have, like, no hair on their bodies, they just lucked out that way. So I'm kind of used to seeing that. But it's so funny 'cause all the girls are like, 'What is it like, doing your job?' I'm like, 'Oh I have the hardest job in the world. I've got to be on set with like half-naked men all the time.' But they ended up being like my brothers."

On female power: "It's very important for me that indigenous women are portrayed properly in the sense that we're shown in a good light. I think a lot of times we're shown as sex objects, like the Pocahontas kind of deal. And most Native women are very like strong and empowered. You don't mess with native women, you know? So I try to find the stronger characters. I want to do an action film but I'm like, "Not the bimbo action role. The tough, Lara Croft role, where she's still sexy but just doesn't lose her clothes all the time.' I actually find that women are more sexy when there's more left to the imagination, and I find a lot of guys think that too."

Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl 781a6a85597545 Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl 3bd25985597546 Tinsel Korey: Maxim today's girl D9f24785597547

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1