Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Bryce Dallas Howard: 'I'm an Original Twi-Hard'  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Bryce Dallas Howard: 'I'm an Original Twi-Hard'  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Bryce Dallas Howard: 'I'm an Original Twi-Hard'  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Bryce Dallas Howard: 'I'm an Original Twi-Hard'  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Bryce Dallas Howard: 'I'm an Original Twi-Hard'  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Bryce Dallas Howard: 'I'm an Original Twi-Hard'  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Bryce Dallas Howard: 'I'm an Original Twi-Hard'  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Bryce Dallas Howard: 'I'm an Original Twi-Hard'  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Bryce Dallas Howard: 'I'm an Original Twi-Hard'  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Bryce Dallas Howard: 'I'm an Original Twi-Hard'  Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Bryce Dallas Howard: 'I'm an Original Twi-Hard'  2zq8s3c
Eric
Bryce Dallas Howard: 'I'm an Original Twi-Hard'  Near15
Paul Wesley
Bryce Dallas Howard: 'I'm an Original Twi-Hard'  2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Bryce Dallas Howard: 'I'm an Original Twi-Hard'  24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Bryce Dallas Howard: 'I'm an Original Twi-Hard'  158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Bryce Dallas Howard: 'I'm an Original Twi-Hard'  30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Bryce Dallas Howard: 'I'm an Original Twi-Hard'  23kagwg
Damon
Bryce Dallas Howard: 'I'm an Original Twi-Hard'  34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Bryce Dallas Howard: 'I'm an Original Twi-Hard'  6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Bryce Dallas Howard: 'I'm an Original Twi-Hard'  24pjt4p
Stats

Bryce Dallas Howard: 'I'm an Original Twi-Hard'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Bryce Dallas Howard: 'I'm an Original Twi-Hard'  Empty
PostSubject: Bryce Dallas Howard: 'I'm an Original Twi-Hard'    Bryce Dallas Howard: 'I'm an Original Twi-Hard'  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:48 am

Bryce Dallas Howard: 'I'm an Original Twi-Hard'  35aoj78

Bryce Dallas Howard was already hooked on Twilight when she got the call to replace Rachelle Lefevre before the filming of Eclipse. Howard told Parade.com's Jeanne Wolf why it was hard to say no to taking on the role of villainous vampire Victoria, who has a fateful showdown with Edward.

Becoming the designated hitter.
"It wasn't the first time I replaced another actress. I stepped in for Nicole Kidman in Dogville when she left that film. Victoria was brought to life by Rachelle Lefevre in the first two films, and I wanted to have it feel the same. Hopefully, my performance measures up. My nightmare was that I'd undermine the incredible work Rachelle had done which I thought was beautiful and nuanced and intelligent. I do think I was ready to play Victoria because I'm a huge fan of the books and my friends tease me that I'm an original Twi-hard. I've done a lot of weird, otherworldly characters and I think I'm at my best when I'm kind of in the woods running around screaming or depressed."

And she got her chance.
"The previous films have been so much about the romance. Eclipse has romance but there's so much action, especially the showdown between the Cullens and the army of newborns and, of course, Victoria's knock-down, drag-out battle with Edward. I think this is a movie to which women can bring their boyfriends. It definitely is an epic action-thriller."

Getting ready for the mayhem.
"We all landed in Vancouver and were promptly brought to a facility where we got initiated by doing, like, six hours of fight training. We literally worked on the fight scenes pretty much every day. And then we went to the gym. I think I can say my heart rate is lower. I'm definitely more fit than I was before the film."

Going head to head with RPattz.
"I just knew that, in our fight scene, if I messed up his hair, millions of young women would want to kill me, so I really tried to be careful not to do that. Actually, I was more nervous about not pulling my punches because I certainly didn't want to be the one to smack him in the face. In the end, it was fun. But there's a point after which you've been wrestling with someone in take after take for six consecutive hours that it just becomes absurd. You can't help but laugh."

What keeps her on track.
"I try to go with the flow and have faith that everything is going to work out. I've had a wonderful career so far, a great marriage and a son I adore. I was talking to my dad [Oscar-winning filmmaker Ron Howard] and he said, 'I hope you're not going to be like me, where you're worrying too much. I'm pushing 60 and I'm still thinking, "God I hope nothing bad happens because it's been so great so far."' So I'm trying to just appreciate everything in the moment."

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1