Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Howard Claims Stake In 'Eclipse' Vampire Victoria I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Howard Claims Stake In 'Eclipse' Vampire Victoria I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Howard Claims Stake In 'Eclipse' Vampire Victoria I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Howard Claims Stake In 'Eclipse' Vampire Victoria I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Howard Claims Stake In 'Eclipse' Vampire Victoria I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Howard Claims Stake In 'Eclipse' Vampire Victoria I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Howard Claims Stake In 'Eclipse' Vampire Victoria I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Howard Claims Stake In 'Eclipse' Vampire Victoria I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Howard Claims Stake In 'Eclipse' Vampire Victoria I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Howard Claims Stake In 'Eclipse' Vampire Victoria Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Howard Claims Stake In 'Eclipse' Vampire Victoria 2zq8s3c
Eric
Howard Claims Stake In 'Eclipse' Vampire Victoria Near15
Paul Wesley
Howard Claims Stake In 'Eclipse' Vampire Victoria 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Howard Claims Stake In 'Eclipse' Vampire Victoria 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Howard Claims Stake In 'Eclipse' Vampire Victoria 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Howard Claims Stake In 'Eclipse' Vampire Victoria 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Howard Claims Stake In 'Eclipse' Vampire Victoria 23kagwg
Damon
Howard Claims Stake In 'Eclipse' Vampire Victoria 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Howard Claims Stake In 'Eclipse' Vampire Victoria 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Howard Claims Stake In 'Eclipse' Vampire Victoria 24pjt4p
Stats

Howard Claims Stake In 'Eclipse' Vampire Victoria

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Howard Claims Stake In 'Eclipse' Vampire Victoria Empty
PostSubject: Howard Claims Stake In 'Eclipse' Vampire Victoria   Howard Claims Stake In 'Eclipse' Vampire Victoria I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 1:34 pm

Howard Claims Stake In 'Eclipse' Vampire Victoria V3db9d

Despite having stepped into roles in three of the biggest movie franchises in recent years with roles in "Spider-Man 3," "Terminator Salvation" and now "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse," Bryce Dallas Howard insists that she's not a glutton for punishment. After all, there's nothing more daunting for an actor than to win the approval of well-established fan bases both here and abroad.

Lucky for Howard, prepping for the role of the villainous vampire Victoria in "Eclipse" came a bit easier because she's been a longtime fan herself of the "Twilight" experience.

"I'm such of a big fan of 'Twilight,'" Howard said in a recent @ The Movies interview. "I actually read all the books before I had even seen the first film, so I understand the passion that we feel for the cinematic translation of these amazing novels and our high expectations for them."

In theaters Wednesday, "Eclipse" finds the love triangle involving Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart), the vampire Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson), and werewolf, Jacob Black (Taylor Lautner) becoming more intense and complex. But Bella's romantic dilemma isn't the only thing plaguing the Forks, Wash., teen: Victoria, who lost her vampire lover, James, at the hand of the Cullen Clan in the first "Twilight," is hell-bent on exacting her revenge -- and Bella is her target.

While her casting as Victoria in "Eclipse" came with some fanfare because she replaced Rachelle Lefevre in the role, Howard said her involvement in "Twilight" -- albeit in passing -- actually predates the film franchise. But since Howard gave birth to her son, Theodore, around the time the first "Twilight" film materialized, she decided that motherhood was more important than any film role at that moment, including Victoria.

"I had met Catherine years before 'Twilight' and was a huge admirer of her work," Howard recalled. "Throughout the years there have been a few conversations about possibly working together and in one of them 'Twilight' came up. I made it clear at that time that I wasn't working."

Of course, Howard was naturally thrilled when the opportunity to play Victoria came up for "Eclipse," but with it also came some sadness. It meant Leferve wasn't going to complete the role from start to finish, and as the actress' replacement, she didn't want to give the impression to anyone -- particularly her new cast mates -- that she moved in on the role.

"At first I was really uncomfortable, concerned and nervous, because I didn't want to give that impression to them," Howard said. "I found out about the job on a Monday, and I think it was within 48 hours that I was on a plane to Vancouver and 72 hours later, we were shooting. It was wild."

Thankfully, Howard said, the cast was very welcoming, but that didn't completely take away her concern for Lefevre.

"As someone who really loves the books and loves the movies, it was exciting to meet everyone and be a part of it, but on the other hand, it was really devastating to know that Rachelle, who did such an exquisite job in the first one and the second film, wasn't in the third film," Howard said, humbly. "I genuinely feel that way and will always feel that way. I think I'll honestly always have conflicted feelings about this. At the end of the day, I was hired to do my best and wanted desperately to do my best and I hope my being a part of it doesn't hurt the film."

Cheering On Team Victoria
Steeped in the lore of "Twilight," Howard said the big advantage she had going into "Eclipse" was that could approach it with the same sort of appreciation of the material as the fans who made the books and films the monster hits that they are today.

"I tried to tap into those thoughts at first, because I feel like that's the most authentic thing that I can do," Howard explained. "The first thing I asked myself was, 'What would I like to see?'"

Howard said her main objective was to remind herself that she wasn't in the film to reinvent her character.

"For me, with 'Twilight,' it's about the continuity, particularly with the characters. There's such a joy in seeing the same actors go from film and relive the characters again and again, and obviously since that wasn't the case with Victoria," Howard said. "As a fan, and as the different actor in the role, I didn't want to see a girl with a different hairstyle. I don't want to see a girl doing a different interpretation, because Rachelle did such an incredible job."

The film version of "Eclipse" expands Victoria's presence beyond her role book, and perhaps even more unique, it was done under the auspices of "Twilight" author Stephenie Meyer. While some authors have been known to wash their hands of their novels after they've been adapted into a screenplay by someone else (Melissa Rosenberg has written all three "Twilight" films to date and is set to write the "Breaking Dawn" films), Meyer was actually on-hand to give guidance to Howard in the developing Victoria for "Eclipse."

"I was really nervous to meet her, but she was actually the most warm, lovely and hilarious woman," Howard said with a laugh. "It was great to have her on set. She was so involved and very helpful. David Slade, our director is very adept to the material and has such a strong point of view to lend to this story, but it was also great to have Stephenie there to support his process and the entire process of making the movie movie. Any questions we had, we could go to the source."

Perhaps Howard's biggest question for Meyer about Victoria came not with the character's look, but how she sounded.

"Before the end of 'Eclipse,' you really don't get to hear Victoria's voice. When she does speak, it's really surprising to Bella because it's a high, child-like voice," Howard explained. "So having read the book, I wanted to do that, but at the same time have it sound ominous and terrifying, and have a power in it, so that is something I have conversations with Stephenie about. Then I continued the conversation with David to try to find the right bond."

Howard's whirlwind year doesn't stop with "Eclipse." She just wrapped up shooting on director Clint Eastwood's upcoming supernatural thriller "Hereafter."

Gushing over her work with "one of the greats" in Eastwood, the 29-year-old actress admits that there's one director she can't wait to work with: that famous filmmaker named Ron Howard -- the everyday guy who also happens to be her dad.

"I've never gotten to work with him and I really want to," Howard said. "That's my ultimate dream."

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1