Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012 Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012 2zq8s3c
Eric
'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012 Near15
Paul Wesley
'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012 23kagwg
Damon
'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012 24pjt4p
Stats

'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012 Empty
PostSubject: 'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012   'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:53 pm

Summit exec says the final 'Twilight' movie's release date is 'still the source of discussions.'

'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012 281x211-4

In June, Summit Entertainment announced that "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn" will be released as two separate films, with the first part arriving on November 18, 2011. Though no release date for the second part has been announced, the conventional wisdom has been that the second part would follow in the summer of 2012.

Not so fast. Summit distribution chief Richie Fay told MTV News that no such decision has been made and that the studio is still exploring multiple release dates, not just ones in the summer.

"We've targeted a number of dates, and we have yet to determine when it will happen," Fay said. "We haven't even determined that it will be the summer. It's still the source of discussions."

Of course, studios always explore various release dates for pictures, especially established blockbusters, and the fact that Summit hasn't committed the second "Breaking Dawn" to the summer season shouldn't be mistaken for confusion or indecision within studio headquarters.

But the 2012 summer movie calendar is rapidly filling up, not necessarily with films that widely share an audience with "Breaking Dawn," but with established franchises or properties in their own right. That May will offer "The Avengers," "Madagascar 3" and "Men in Black 3," while June delivers a "Star Trek" sequel. The rebooted "Spider-Man" has already nabbed the July 4th slot (occupied this year by "Eclipse"), followed closely by another "Ice Age" and a third "Batman."

Surely there's room here for "Breaking Dawn," but Summit now has experience releasing "Twilight" movies both in the summer and the fall. And, as Fay says, the studio might not be ready to pick a season for "Breaking Dawn" until "Eclipse" finishes up its theatrical run.

"We might have a preference when we see where 'Eclipse' ends up," he said of choosing one season over another. "It certainly might color our thinking, but we're comfortable with either place. Right now, it's a bit early in that stage of planning."

Source
Back to top Go down
Cryst@l
VEGE VAMPS
VEGE VAMPS
Cryst@l

'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012   'Breaking Dawn' Part Two Release Date Not Set For Summer 2012 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:06 pm

Isn't part 2 of HP and the Deathly Hallows being released in summer of 2011. You can't tell me that won't make a difference. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1