Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Xavier Samuel, an Aussie, earns his own throng of screaming fans in 'Eclipse' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Xavier Samuel, an Aussie, earns his own throng of screaming fans in 'Eclipse' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Xavier Samuel, an Aussie, earns his own throng of screaming fans in 'Eclipse' I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Xavier Samuel, an Aussie, earns his own throng of screaming fans in 'Eclipse' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Xavier Samuel, an Aussie, earns his own throng of screaming fans in 'Eclipse' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Xavier Samuel, an Aussie, earns his own throng of screaming fans in 'Eclipse' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Xavier Samuel, an Aussie, earns his own throng of screaming fans in 'Eclipse' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Xavier Samuel, an Aussie, earns his own throng of screaming fans in 'Eclipse' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Xavier Samuel, an Aussie, earns his own throng of screaming fans in 'Eclipse' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Xavier Samuel, an Aussie, earns his own throng of screaming fans in 'Eclipse' Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Xavier Samuel, an Aussie, earns his own throng of screaming fans in 'Eclipse' 2zq8s3c
Eric
Xavier Samuel, an Aussie, earns his own throng of screaming fans in 'Eclipse' Near15
Paul Wesley
Xavier Samuel, an Aussie, earns his own throng of screaming fans in 'Eclipse' 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Xavier Samuel, an Aussie, earns his own throng of screaming fans in 'Eclipse' 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Xavier Samuel, an Aussie, earns his own throng of screaming fans in 'Eclipse' 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Xavier Samuel, an Aussie, earns his own throng of screaming fans in 'Eclipse' 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Xavier Samuel, an Aussie, earns his own throng of screaming fans in 'Eclipse' 23kagwg
Damon
Xavier Samuel, an Aussie, earns his own throng of screaming fans in 'Eclipse' 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Xavier Samuel, an Aussie, earns his own throng of screaming fans in 'Eclipse' 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Xavier Samuel, an Aussie, earns his own throng of screaming fans in 'Eclipse' 24pjt4p
Stats

Xavier Samuel, an Aussie, earns his own throng of screaming fans in 'Eclipse'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Xavier Samuel, an Aussie, earns his own throng of screaming fans in 'Eclipse' Empty
PostSubject: Xavier Samuel, an Aussie, earns his own throng of screaming fans in 'Eclipse'   Xavier Samuel, an Aussie, earns his own throng of screaming fans in 'Eclipse' I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:43 am

Xavier Samuel, an Aussie, earns his own throng of screaming fans in 'Eclipse' Dbsefn

When Australian actor Xavier Samuel shipped off an audition tape to "Twilight" producers, insta-fame seemed oceans away.

"It's kind of strange, because you send them off into oblivion and you don't know if anyone watches them," says Samuel, 26.

Fast-forward to the "Eclipse" premiere, where thousands of fans are not only screaming but are screaming for him.

"It's kind of 360 degrees of hysteria," Samuel says just hours before the Los Angeles premiere of the third film installment of Stephenie Meyer's blockbuster series. "The sound (of Twilight's fans) does really knock you off your feet."

Samuel steals not just the first five minutes of the film but much of its finale. He plays newborn vampire Riley Biers, who, alongside vengeful vamp Victoria, leads a bloodthirsty army of young vampires with one goal: killing human Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) and those who protect her.

Hailing from Adelaide, he now joins Hollywood's list of young Aussie men in the spotlight, including brothers Chris Hemsworth ("Star Trek") and Liam Hemsworth ("The Last Song") and Sam Worthington ("Avatar").

There was only one problem en route to the "Eclipse" set.

"I was going through the book going, 'Where's Riley?' " says Samuel, whose character gets a major upgrade in the screenplay version of "Eclipse." But director David Slade slipped him an early copy of Meyer's recent novella, "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner," in which Riley and Victoria's relationship is more deeply explained.

Joining the ranks of Robert Pattinson, Stewart and Taylor Lautner, "I ought to feel ostracized, but everyone was wonderfully down to earth," says Samuel, who found battling a CGI werewolf more challenging than making friends. "You're just working with a piece of fur on the end of a stick just kind of poking you," he says with a laugh.

The son of parents who teach history and English, the dry-humored Samuel (who's single) cut his teeth playing Hamlet at Flinders University Drama Centre and has appeared in movies on the film festival circuit, including "September" and "The Loved Ones."

He just returned from shooting historical thriller "Anonymous" in Berlin, which tackles whether Shakespeare was the author of his prose.

"I went from playing an evil vampire to an Elizabethan aristocrat, which is a great thing to do," he says.

And now? "I just want an experience that challenges me as an actor and pushes me to get better."

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1