Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Dakota's Fanning the flame  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Dakota's Fanning the flame  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Dakota's Fanning the flame  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Dakota's Fanning the flame  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Dakota's Fanning the flame  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Dakota's Fanning the flame  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Dakota's Fanning the flame  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Dakota's Fanning the flame  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Dakota's Fanning the flame  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Dakota's Fanning the flame  Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Dakota's Fanning the flame  2zq8s3c
Eric
Dakota's Fanning the flame  Near15
Paul Wesley
Dakota's Fanning the flame  2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Dakota's Fanning the flame  24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Dakota's Fanning the flame  158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Dakota's Fanning the flame  30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Dakota's Fanning the flame  23kagwg
Damon
Dakota's Fanning the flame  34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Dakota's Fanning the flame  6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Dakota's Fanning the flame  24pjt4p
Stats

Dakota's Fanning the flame

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Dakota's Fanning the flame  Empty
PostSubject: Dakota's Fanning the flame    Dakota's Fanning the flame  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:45 pm

Dakota's Fanning the flame  34niedd

FRENCH kissing a girl? Prancing around scantily clad on stage crooning savage rock songs? Morphing into a sex kitten?

Hello, is this the Dakota Fanning we have all come to know and love?

Yes ... and no. But one thing is certain - our little Dakota is all grown up.

"I felt so lucky I was asked to be in the film because I know a lot of people still think of me as younger," Fanning says.

"They have watched me grow up since I was 6 (opposite Sean Penn) in I Am Sam.

"So to be able to do this role was really important to me."

Fanning, 16, who warmed hearts in films such as I Am Sam and The Secret Lives of Bees, morphs into uber rock chick Cherie Currie in the new film The Runaways.

The ambitious saga chronicles the rise of the famed girl band of the same name and, eventually, the fall of Currie, the band's lead crooner, who was caught in an avalanche of fame alongside Joan Jett, Lita Ford, Sandy West and Jackie Fox in the mid-1970s.

As Currie, Fanning will certainly turn heads. Indeed, she is the best thing in the fiery outing.

Early opinion also suggests the film, produced by Jett and directed by Floria Sigismondi, a visual muse behind videos for David Bowie and Christina Aguilera, would have wandered south creatively without her, in fact.

Twilight temptress Kristen Stewart also headlines, stepping into Jett's shoes. Fanning admits she did not know Currie's story.

"I knew who Joan Jett was," she says. "But I hope (the movie) brings Cherie's story, and the story of the Runaways, to a new generation."

Fanning says playing Currie was a balancing act: "Cherie is so complex. She goes through such a transformation in this film and in her life," she says.

"At first, she is the kind of good girl, the innocent twin, less popular in school. She had to break out of that and become The Cherry Bomb - as they say.

"But I had to keep that vulnerability and innocence ... because Cherie, today, still has that."

Fanning and Stewart bonded closely during the film - similar to the real-life relationship of Jett and Currie. In the Twilight saga of films, Fanning plays the role of sadistic Volturi immortal Jane, while Stewart plays Bella, a teenager whose love is torn between vampire Edward (Robert Pattinson) and werewolf Jacob (Taylor Lautner).

"Kristen has become one of my best friends," Fanning says. "I think when you are that close to somebody ... I had this illusion of being 'false' towards Kristen, but this experience was so great in that we were completely open toward each other. There were no barriers or walls that we put around ourselves. We were completely there. I think our relationship really translates into the movie."

Fanning has grown up in the spotlight. But she does not know how audiences will react to this role.

"I think this story is such an important story," she says.

"I don't know what other people will think, but for me, it's so different from anything I have ever done in my whole life."

That said, Fanning doesn't spend time analysing what she does after a film wraps.

"Once I am finished making a movie, I kind of leave it there. There's nothing you can change," she says.

"When I watch it, I just enjoy it. I mean, I had so much fun watching this movie. It's me up there but I think of it as another film."

Indeed, Fanning has perspective.

She is no Hollywood brat.

"I really truly live a normal life. I have such a normal family," she says.

"So I have a normal life to come home to, and live every day, when I am not on the set.

"And I think that is really important - to keep that home life. I have been doing this since I was very young and it's all that I really know and that I love. And I would never want to jeopardise what I really love to do.

"I don't take anything for granted.

"Everything can be taken away so fast.

"I remember that every day and live every day to the fullest."

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1