Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
‘Eclipse’ Officially Passes ‘New Moon’ and May Hit $300 Million Within a Month I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
‘Eclipse’ Officially Passes ‘New Moon’ and May Hit $300 Million Within a Month I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
‘Eclipse’ Officially Passes ‘New Moon’ and May Hit $300 Million Within a Month I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
‘Eclipse’ Officially Passes ‘New Moon’ and May Hit $300 Million Within a Month I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
‘Eclipse’ Officially Passes ‘New Moon’ and May Hit $300 Million Within a Month I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
‘Eclipse’ Officially Passes ‘New Moon’ and May Hit $300 Million Within a Month I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
‘Eclipse’ Officially Passes ‘New Moon’ and May Hit $300 Million Within a Month I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
‘Eclipse’ Officially Passes ‘New Moon’ and May Hit $300 Million Within a Month I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
‘Eclipse’ Officially Passes ‘New Moon’ and May Hit $300 Million Within a Month I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
‘Eclipse’ Officially Passes ‘New Moon’ and May Hit $300 Million Within a Month Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
‘Eclipse’ Officially Passes ‘New Moon’ and May Hit $300 Million Within a Month 2zq8s3c
Eric
‘Eclipse’ Officially Passes ‘New Moon’ and May Hit $300 Million Within a Month Near15
Paul Wesley
‘Eclipse’ Officially Passes ‘New Moon’ and May Hit $300 Million Within a Month 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
‘Eclipse’ Officially Passes ‘New Moon’ and May Hit $300 Million Within a Month 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
‘Eclipse’ Officially Passes ‘New Moon’ and May Hit $300 Million Within a Month 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
‘Eclipse’ Officially Passes ‘New Moon’ and May Hit $300 Million Within a Month 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
‘Eclipse’ Officially Passes ‘New Moon’ and May Hit $300 Million Within a Month 23kagwg
Damon
‘Eclipse’ Officially Passes ‘New Moon’ and May Hit $300 Million Within a Month 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
‘Eclipse’ Officially Passes ‘New Moon’ and May Hit $300 Million Within a Month 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
‘Eclipse’ Officially Passes ‘New Moon’ and May Hit $300 Million Within a Month 24pjt4p
Stats

‘Eclipse’ Officially Passes ‘New Moon’ and May Hit $300 Million Within a Month

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

‘Eclipse’ Officially Passes ‘New Moon’ and May Hit $300 Million Within a Month Empty
PostSubject: ‘Eclipse’ Officially Passes ‘New Moon’ and May Hit $300 Million Within a Month   ‘Eclipse’ Officially Passes ‘New Moon’ and May Hit $300 Million Within a Month I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 10:53 am

‘Eclipse’ Officially Passes ‘New Moon’ and May Hit $300 Million Within a Month 2vwftqp

Box office numbers are in for Thursday, August 19 and The Twilight Saga: Eclipse has now officially surpassed the domestic total of New Moon. The film took in another $190,143 from 1,212 locations for a per theater average of $157 representing a decrease of 0.7% from Wednesday. This adds up to a cumulative domestic total of $296,649,934 after 51 days in release. Adding in overseas returns of $380.6M gives Eclipse a current worldwide total of $677,249,934.

For those comparing the films in The Twilight Saga, at this point in its release history (after 51 days) New Moon had taken in $290,277,863. Eclipse is now at $296,649,934. Both films hit the $250M mark on the 16th day. The total domestic gross for New Moon was $296,623,634 (after 132 days). Eclipse has now broken that total by $26,600 (after 51 days). The film is now within striking distance of the elusive $300M mark. It needs about $3.35M to get to that number. It took New Moon 21 more days to earn an additional $3.35M after its 51st day, and Eclipse is clearly doing better. On the other hand, New Moon was still in 1,167 theaters after 51 days while Eclipse drops to 557 tomorrow. Still, even after New Moon’s theater count had dropped to 444 (after 63 days) it still went on to take in another $3.8M. Therefore, it should take no more than one more month for Eclipse to earn another $3.35M and pass $300M.

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1