Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Alex Meraz interview while in Norway I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Alex Meraz interview while in Norway I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Alex Meraz interview while in Norway I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Alex Meraz interview while in Norway I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Alex Meraz interview while in Norway I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Alex Meraz interview while in Norway I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Alex Meraz interview while in Norway I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Alex Meraz interview while in Norway I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Alex Meraz interview while in Norway I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Alex Meraz interview while in Norway Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Alex Meraz interview while in Norway 2zq8s3c
Eric
Alex Meraz interview while in Norway Near15
Paul Wesley
Alex Meraz interview while in Norway 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Alex Meraz interview while in Norway 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Alex Meraz interview while in Norway 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Alex Meraz interview while in Norway 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Alex Meraz interview while in Norway 23kagwg
Damon
Alex Meraz interview while in Norway 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Alex Meraz interview while in Norway 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Alex Meraz interview while in Norway 24pjt4p
Stats

Alex Meraz interview while in Norway

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Edwards Juliet
ADMIN
ADMIN
Edwards Juliet

Alex Meraz interview while in Norway Empty
PostSubject: Alex Meraz interview while in Norway   Alex Meraz interview while in Norway I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:29 pm

Alex Meraz interview while in Norway Wwwnettavisenno2

We met Twilight actor Alex Meraz.

It is when we meet him on the Ekeberg Restaurant, just outside Oslo,the popular actor admits that there is more than just the view from the exclusive restaurant, which is beautiful here in Norway.

-Before I arrived, I had heard that the women here are beautiful, and it's true! He exclaims, smiling.

Fans profit

Alex Meraz plays the aggressive werewolf, Paul, in the last two "Twilight "movie, "New Moon" and "Eclipse."

Despite his minimal role in both films, praised the 25-year-old man as a superhero, and hope the actor is not only because of his performance in front of the camera.

-It's amazing that a small part in a great movie can change your life this way. But it's because of the fans. The fans profits that are large posters of me and that I'm in calendars and stuff. Usually no cares about such a small role in a movie. But the fans love the characters, and I'm just happy to be part of it," said Alex Meraz humbly.

-I have spent a large part of my life to my expression through painting,dancing, acting and martial arts. While my friends were out drinking, I was at home and painted. I knew that one day people would appreciate my art. I hope the fans do not just look at it one minute into the film, but that they also look at my artwork. I hope that is why I have fans.

- I work a lot with the physical
Itis precisely his talent in dance and martial arts that has led him where he is today. The well-trained American acts as often shirtless in"Twilight" movie, and he believes his background in dance and martial arts has made him a better actor, in many different ways.

-It has a special physical consciousness. I'm very conscious of my own body. I must make the most of the time I have by focusing on small things. I work a lot with the physical, and I see that many actors are struggling with this. Ithelps to be comfortable in his own skin, especially when to act without theshirt, "said Alex Meraz, adding that he had to exercise and eat a lot, to get in shape for" Twilight "character, since he naturally has a very thin figure.

Twilight colleagues

Alex Meraz feel privileged to have been working with talented actors Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner. He admits that he has learned alot from these and others on "Twilight" set, and he admits that he thinks it is great that he has someone to share the unique experience of movies.

- It's great to spend time with - to spend time with someone that others would "killed" to hang with, "he says pointing at the poster with the three" Twilight "- starred shoulders that are hung for the occasion.
He continues.
-I do not like that. Here it seems as if they are larger than life. I know they are not that way. They do not know me like that, "he explains, while he keeps his eyes on the poster.

Absent family man

But life consists of more than just glamorous film premieres, and screaming fans. Backin the U.S.,Alex Meraz wife and children, and he claims that he has learned to live with separation from friends and family.

-It's the only thing I have known. Prior to "Twilight" I always traveled, as a professional dancer. Even when we dated, I was always lost in one or two months at a time. She's used to it, I'm used to it. I like that it helps me to appreciate her and my son when I come back. For if they were in front of me, all the time, we would in a way taken for granted, but when I come back it is so precious, "he explains.

- I'm intense.

And although it readily apparent that the family is important for the actor, he likes to work, and says that he takes his job very seriously.

-When it comes to my job, I'm very intense. I want to be good at everything Ido, so I'm very passionate, "he explains.

Racism in Hollywood

Alex Meraz is a native Mexican, and it seems that his ethnic background has an influence on how he perceives the world around him. The actress admits that his ethnicity has both opened and closed the doors for him in Hollywood,but he hopes he can help to reduce the racist attitudes he believes exists in Hollywood.

-Now I've lost roles because of my ethnic background. I'm not the most ethnic type, but often when I go for ethnic roles, I am not ethnic enough. It's strange. However, when I'm right for a role, then I'm so very right for it, he said, waving his arms enthusiastically.

His great model is Bruce Lee, because he helped break some of the prejudices which he believes existed before.

-Bruce has always been my favourite. He is the reason I came into the movie. He did everything. He was a philosopher, he was involved in martial arts, he was agreat thinker and changed a lot. Asians used to always have a helping role in American films. He broke down the stereotype, and he did the Asian culture intosomething powerful. I could wish I could do something like this for the Mexican people, or even the Latin, reveals Alex Meraz, and admits that he may be going out to shoot his people's history in a slightly different way than today.

-I think "Twilight" will help a bit there, he adds.

Looking forward to meeting fans

On the night of Wednesday, it is clear to Norway premiere of the latest "Twilight" movie, and Alex Meraz will be on hand to meet fans at Akershus Fortress in Oslo.

-It's going to be very exciting. I hear rumours that 2000 people are going to bethere, and I look forward to seeing what the Norwegian fans think about the movie and feel the energy, and celebrate this film, he explains.

How do you handle the female fans then?

-I try to have fun. I judge no one, and I take it too seriously if someone says I'm handsome. Each time is like hearing it for the first time. For when it comes from a fan, get it from such an honest place. When they say they love therole, or loves you, so I really appreciate these moments. It requires much of a person to walk up to someone and say something, or someone in his hand. They must be so honest. I'm trying to make sure they also have a good experience,"he said.
Source
Back to top Go down

Alex Meraz interview while in Norway
Page 1 of 1