Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeRegisterLog in
Latest topics
Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Alexander Skarsgard
Eric
Paul Wesley
Peter Facinelli
Stephen Moyer
Jackson Rathbone
Ian Somerhalder
Damon
Kellan Lutz
Taylor Lautner
Stats

Share | 

Kellan Lutz: A friend to the animals

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN

PostSubject: Kellan Lutz: A friend to the animals   Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:49 am

A recent instance of animal cruelty was enough to drive a stake through the heart of "Twilight" actor Kellan Lutz.

Lutz, who plays vampire Emmett Cullen in the hit film series, was so upset after seeing disturbing YouTube video footage of a giggling Bosnian girl throwing six helpless puppies into a river that he took to Twitter yesterday to express his anger.

"I've never been so disgusted before. That video is so incredibly disturbing and plain out wrong," wrote Lutz, an animal-lover who posed with his rescued mutt Kola for a PETA ad urging fans to adopt pets from shelters.

The 25-year-old actor went on to praise "Transformers" producer Michael Bay, who reportedly offered a bounty for the girl's arrest, tweeting, "Thank you for that, and everyone who is not standing for this. That cruelty and any cruelty to animals helpless or not is unacceptable. I can't get the crying puppies out of my head."

According to reports, the troubled girl, who has been identified by Bosnian police, faces paying up to $6,400 in fines for her actions, thanks to a new animal protection law. Lutz, for one, couldn't be happier.

"I'm so grateful that she has been found and even more grateful for the new law!" he said. "Thank you all for taking a stand and using your voices against such actions as this. You all are my heroes!"

Source

Page 1 of 1