Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
'The Vampire Diaries' premiere: Steven R. McQueen on Jeremy's life and death I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
'The Vampire Diaries' premiere: Steven R. McQueen on Jeremy's life and death I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
'The Vampire Diaries' premiere: Steven R. McQueen on Jeremy's life and death I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
'The Vampire Diaries' premiere: Steven R. McQueen on Jeremy's life and death I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
'The Vampire Diaries' premiere: Steven R. McQueen on Jeremy's life and death I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
'The Vampire Diaries' premiere: Steven R. McQueen on Jeremy's life and death I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
'The Vampire Diaries' premiere: Steven R. McQueen on Jeremy's life and death I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
'The Vampire Diaries' premiere: Steven R. McQueen on Jeremy's life and death I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
'The Vampire Diaries' premiere: Steven R. McQueen on Jeremy's life and death I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
'The Vampire Diaries' premiere: Steven R. McQueen on Jeremy's life and death Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
'The Vampire Diaries' premiere: Steven R. McQueen on Jeremy's life and death 2zq8s3c
Eric
'The Vampire Diaries' premiere: Steven R. McQueen on Jeremy's life and death Near15
Paul Wesley
'The Vampire Diaries' premiere: Steven R. McQueen on Jeremy's life and death 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
'The Vampire Diaries' premiere: Steven R. McQueen on Jeremy's life and death 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
'The Vampire Diaries' premiere: Steven R. McQueen on Jeremy's life and death 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
'The Vampire Diaries' premiere: Steven R. McQueen on Jeremy's life and death 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
'The Vampire Diaries' premiere: Steven R. McQueen on Jeremy's life and death 23kagwg
Damon
'The Vampire Diaries' premiere: Steven R. McQueen on Jeremy's life and death 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
'The Vampire Diaries' premiere: Steven R. McQueen on Jeremy's life and death 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
'The Vampire Diaries' premiere: Steven R. McQueen on Jeremy's life and death 24pjt4p
Stats

'The Vampire Diaries' premiere: Steven R. McQueen on Jeremy's life and death

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

'The Vampire Diaries' premiere: Steven R. McQueen on Jeremy's life and death Empty
PostSubject: 'The Vampire Diaries' premiere: Steven R. McQueen on Jeremy's life and death   'The Vampire Diaries' premiere: Steven R. McQueen on Jeremy's life and death I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 3:49 pm

"The Vampire Diaries" Season 1 finale left off with Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) in a very precarious position -- and all summer, we didn't know if he was going to wake up dead or alive.

Well, you didn't know. I did. While Zap2it was on the set I got the inside scoop on Jeremy's death... life... and death again. Now that you've all seen the phenomenal Season 2 premiere, you know that Jeremy survives, but not without a couple of very near death experiences.

"Jeremy started out very innocent, very opened to feeling everything that was going on, but now he's in this hardened place where he's stopped caring as much," McQueen tells us.

After his thwarted sort-of-suicide, Jeremy is out of sorts, to say the least. "Jeremy feels like he's failed yet again," McQueen says. "He failed to protect Anna, he failed to protect Vicki, he even failed to remember what happened to Vicki. So when he fails to kill himself I think he's at a whole new low. At a certain point, when you're depressed for so long, you just stop caring. He's hit a wall."

Jeremy gets a second chance at death when, in a crime of passion, Damon snaps Jeremy's neck to get back at Elena for rejecting him. It's the latest on a long list of offenses between the two, but Jeremy might forgive Damon sooner than you think.

"When you lose your father you tend to look for male role models," McQueen says. "Though his legacy tells him he needs to hate them, the people Jeremy can relate to the most are these vampires, these broken people. When he sees Damon and even Stefan in a way, they're broken people who have more experience than him. He looks at them with caution but almost as a role model."

Luckily, Jeremy finally has a family heirloom that was probably rightfully his a long time ago. "He starts to accept the responsibilities that his family legacy has bestowed upon him, and he gets this ring which kind of throws him on the path of a vampire hunter," McQueen says. He'll be conflicted now between the part of him that wants to fulfill his family legacy and have a purpose, and the part of him that has loved and lost two vampire women.

Jeremy did confide in Elena a bit in "The Return," despite their relationship being on thin ice. "I think originally he was so mad at her and felt so betrayed, but at this point, Jeremy doesn't trust anyone. He's got such a chip on his shoulder that I don't think it's that big of a deal. I think him and Elena will become closer because that's one of the only people he has left. As for her betraying him, that's just what he expects from everybody at this point."

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1