Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Kristen Stewart: I Haven't Changed Much Since Kindergarten I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Kristen Stewart: I Haven't Changed Much Since Kindergarten I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Kristen Stewart: I Haven't Changed Much Since Kindergarten I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Kristen Stewart: I Haven't Changed Much Since Kindergarten I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Kristen Stewart: I Haven't Changed Much Since Kindergarten I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Kristen Stewart: I Haven't Changed Much Since Kindergarten I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Kristen Stewart: I Haven't Changed Much Since Kindergarten I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Kristen Stewart: I Haven't Changed Much Since Kindergarten I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Kristen Stewart: I Haven't Changed Much Since Kindergarten I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Kristen Stewart: I Haven't Changed Much Since Kindergarten Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Kristen Stewart: I Haven't Changed Much Since Kindergarten 2zq8s3c
Eric
Kristen Stewart: I Haven't Changed Much Since Kindergarten Near15
Paul Wesley
Kristen Stewart: I Haven't Changed Much Since Kindergarten 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Kristen Stewart: I Haven't Changed Much Since Kindergarten 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Kristen Stewart: I Haven't Changed Much Since Kindergarten 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Kristen Stewart: I Haven't Changed Much Since Kindergarten 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Kristen Stewart: I Haven't Changed Much Since Kindergarten 23kagwg
Damon
Kristen Stewart: I Haven't Changed Much Since Kindergarten 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Kristen Stewart: I Haven't Changed Much Since Kindergarten 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Kristen Stewart: I Haven't Changed Much Since Kindergarten 24pjt4p
Stats

Kristen Stewart: I Haven't Changed Much Since Kindergarten

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Kristen Stewart: I Haven't Changed Much Since Kindergarten Empty
PostSubject: Kristen Stewart: I Haven't Changed Much Since Kindergarten   Kristen Stewart: I Haven't Changed Much Since Kindergarten I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:20 am

Kristen Stewart: I Haven't Changed Much Since Kindergarten Kristen-stewart-240

Talk about a fashion statement: "I wore a T-shirt in kindergarten that said, 'Kick butt first. Ask names later,' " Kristen Stewart, who's notoriously wary of the paparazzi and the press, tells Britain's Telegraph newspaper. "I've always been overly indignant in my reactions to not being able to be myself."

That struggle to have some space is tougher since she became famous, but it's always been a theme of Stewart's life – and it put her on a collision course with classmates at school when she started doing movies as a pre-teen.

"I didn't walk around talking about doing movies," says the Twilight star, 20, "but then someone saw an old movie I was in, [2001's] The Safety of Objects, and realized that the little boy in it [she played a tomboy] had grown up into this girl – me. And then I got a lot of, 'She's such a bitch!' And yet most of these kids had never even spoken to me."

Stewart says she was glad to leave school. She was missing a lot of classes and getting failing grades, and her interactions with her peers didn't improve.

"I couldn't relate to kids my own age," she says. "I have felt that I should have been an adult since I was aged about 5. I remember when I turned 18, everyone asked me if I felt more mature, but I felt the same as I always did. Juggling work and school, and helping my mother; I've always had a lot of responsibility."

And she continues to have a temperamental streak. In the Telegraph interview – which coincides with last week's U.K. release of her Joan Jett biopic The Runaways – Stewart once again relates her exasperation with Hollywood's attempts to package her.

"When I did the first Twilight movie, they were like, 'Now you have to go and do media training,' " she says. "And I was like, 'Screw you! Do you think you are going to wrap up all my little insecurities and throw them out the window? Do you think you are going to put soundbites in my mouth? I'll do your course, but that's not going to happen.' "

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1