Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
The Story Behind The Runaways I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
The Story Behind The Runaways I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
The Story Behind The Runaways I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
The Story Behind The Runaways I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
The Story Behind The Runaways I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
The Story Behind The Runaways I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
The Story Behind The Runaways I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
The Story Behind The Runaways I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
The Story Behind The Runaways I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
The Story Behind The Runaways Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
The Story Behind The Runaways 2zq8s3c
Eric
The Story Behind The Runaways Near15
Paul Wesley
The Story Behind The Runaways 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
The Story Behind The Runaways 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
The Story Behind The Runaways 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
The Story Behind The Runaways 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
The Story Behind The Runaways 23kagwg
Damon
The Story Behind The Runaways 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
The Story Behind The Runaways 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
The Story Behind The Runaways 24pjt4p
Stats

The Story Behind The Runaways

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

The Story Behind The Runaways Empty
PostSubject: The Story Behind The Runaways   The Story Behind The Runaways I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 2:29 am

The Story Behind The Runaways

The Story Behind The Runaways The-story-behind-the-runaways-00-420-75

Over in the States, The Runaways hit the Sundance Film Festival in January. Fittingly, Joan Jett performed live in Part City the evening before the premiere night.

For her part, Jett is happy with the finished product, seeing it as a movie about “following your dreams”.

“That good old cliché of following your dreams, because I really feel that people beat down other people’s dreams constantly,” she says. “I see it a lot with writers, when I talk to them about this.

"To me, I just think it’s really important to try and follow your dream. And if for some reason life takes you a different way, then at least you made an attempt.”

Now that Kristen’s a firm friend of Jett’s, does she feel that the singer’s happy with the way she lived her life? “She’s incredibly proud to be everything that she is,” the actress says. “I’ve never seen anybody walk into a room so completely innocently confident.

“She doesn’t realise that other people might not be like that and that’s a different – it’s not like overcompensation. It’s not like she’s trying to be a certain way, she just is.”

Cherie Currie, though is another kettle of fish. While she praises Fanning’s and Stewart’s work in the film, she has expressed dissatisfaction with the way Sigismondi played around with historical accuracy.

“Floria Sigismondi, this was her very first script, which [ticked] me off,” the chain saw artist gripes, "because I thought, 'OK, why couldn't I have had a part in writing this?'

“I couldn't understand how someone who wasn't there could even touch what it was like or the pivotal moments in The Runaways. But she's a very artsy director, so it's all about the visual and the impact that she, who didn't live it, felt would be important.”

Still, it’s been 31 years since The Runaways crumbled, and everybody involved in that hell-for-leather time has moved on (in some cases literally – Sandy West sadly died in 2006). Is there a happy ending to the real-life Jett-Currie story?

"I always went to her shows and supported her," Currie says. "Thirteen years ago when Joan and [her manager Kenny Laguna] called me, Lita and Sandy to sue Polygram and Mercury and Kim Fowley for our royalties that we never saw, that's when we started talking together.

“But it wasn't until this movie started that we rekindled our friendship. The forward Joan wrote in the book was surprising. I thought she wanted me out [of The Runaways]. Thirty-five years later, I find out that wasn't the case. Joan and I talk all the time and it's great to have her back in my life.”