Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles 2zq8s3c
Eric
Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles Near15
Paul Wesley
Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles 23kagwg
Damon
Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles 24pjt4p
Stats

Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles Empty
PostSubject: Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles   Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:27 am

Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles

Taylor Lautner: There's More to Me Than Muscles Taylornm1

“Twilight” heartthrob Taylor Lautner is starting to feel that his rippling muscles are overshadowing who he is as an actor. “It has become embarrassing,” Taylor told reporters June 3 at a press conference in South Korea.

Lautner, 18, was the undisputed breakout star of “New Moon” after gaining 30 pounds of muscle to play the hulking werewolf, Jacob Black.

He added: “It doesn’t annoy me, but people do tend to ask about it [my workout routine and my weight gain] a lot.”

Lautner, who worked out six days a week and ate every two hours to gain and maintain his rippling 8-pack abs, added: “To me it’s just part of the character. It’s not like I can take it off!”

Despite all the flattering attention he’s receiving for his buff body, Lautner is more than happy to change his look for a movie role.

“The only reason I did it [gained weight] is because the character required it and I love the character,” said Taylor. “So, a year from now, if I fall in love with a character that requires me to lose weight, I’m ready to do it.”

Since transforming from a lanky teen werewolf in 2009’s Twilight to the muscle-bound shapeshifter in “New Moon” and “Eclipse,” a shirtless Taylor has been featured on numerous magazine covers showing off his chiseled body.

The athletic Taylor, who is a martial-arts expert, has experience with physically demanding action roles.

At age 12, he was a junior world karate champion. And in 2005, Taylor starred in the family film, “The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl.”

But the dramatic transformation Lautner made in the “Twilight” saga has amazed even his co-stars. Kristen Stewart, 20, can’t contain her admiration for the actor’s dedication.

“Taylor’s an entirely different person physically,” she gushed. “It took him so much time.”

Lautner and his co-stars Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart will be attending the MTV Movie Awards June 6 to present an exclusive clip of their upcoming film. The MTV Movie Awards airs June 7 on MTV.

“Eclipse” hits theaters June 30.