Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs 2zq8s3c
Eric
'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs Near15
Paul Wesley
'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs 23kagwg
Damon
'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs 24pjt4p
Stats

'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs Empty
PostSubject: 'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs   'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 11:29 am

'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs

'Stretch Armstrong' Writer Acknowledges The Gravitational Pull Of Taylor Lautner's Abs Stretch-armstrong

Okay, I think we can all agree that Stretch Armstrong isn't exactly a traditional "superhero" per se, but the fact remains that the popular Hasbro toy is becoming one on the big screen, courtesy of an upcoming live-action film starring "Twilight" alum Taylor Lautner.

And while "Stretch Armstrong" screenwriter Nick Stoller ("Get Him To The Greek") once compared the tone of the film to "Iron Man" (something Lautner questioned in a subsequent interview), there's a good chance that the real superpower on display in the film could be Lautner's mutant ability to attract audiences... to his abs.

"[Lautner] will not wear a shirt," Stoller joked to MTV News. "Yeah, he won’t wear a shirt through the whole thing."

All kidding aside, Stoller said he's not only well aware of the media's obsession with the "Stretch Armstrong" star, he's had to carefully choose his words in order to avoid getting caught in the public demand for anything and everything related to Lautner's abdominal muscles.

"I gave an interview about how I had a meeting with Taylor Lautner [and] with Rob Letterman, who's directing the movie, and in real life [Lautner] is a very good-looking guy," said Stoller. "I kind of joked about how good-looking he was to some interviewer, and then on the internet was: 'Writer Of Stretch Armstrong Thinks Taylor Lautner Is Hot.'"

"I was half joking about it, but yeah, I’m sure we will find a way for him not to have his shirt on at some point in the movie," he laughed.

As for the film itself, Stoller described "Stretch Armstrong" as a "full-on superhero movie," adding that it was "very grounded, kind of in the "Bourne" way, but kind of a cool superhero movie, too."

"We have to create a whole mythology for this character, because there’s nothing — there’s no conflict, because it's not based on anything except a stretchy toy," he explained.

Of course, having one of Hollywood's most popular actors as the male lead is a nice bonus, too.

"It's really exciting to get to work with a star who’s so white-hot right now," he laughed. "When we were hanging out with him, I’ve never seen more people come up to a celebrity before, so it was pretty cool. He’s just this really nice kid, [and] it’s such a funny thing to witness."

"He’s smart, he’s got really good notes on the script, and yeah, he’s just the real deal," said Stoller. "And yeah, he happens to have an awesome six-pack."

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1