Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life 2zq8s3c
Eric
'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life Near15
Paul Wesley
'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life 23kagwg
Damon
'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life 24pjt4p
Stats

'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life   'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 3:06 pm

'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life with Two New Rescue Pups

Rachelle Lefevre is not one to break New Year's resolutions. Just three days after a Dec. 30 Tweet announcing that she planned to adopt a dog, the Twilight star and actor-boyfriend Jamie Thomas King went to Baldwin Park, a Los Angeles-area high-kill shelter, and rescued not one but two pups! "They were both on the 'at risk' list," Lefevre tells PEOPLEPets.com. "If no one rescued them within the week they were going to be put down." In an instant, cocker spaniel Momma Bear and miniature poodle Jack Sprat were given a second chance at life.

Lefevre, a big proponent of animal rescue, lost her dog Honey on Dec. 17. "Jamie and I miss her every day and still talk about her all the time," she says. "When you take on the responsibility of an animal you know that if nature goes according to plan, then most likely you will outlive them — it's just part of the deal." So Lefevre decided that rescuing a new pooch (or two!) would honor Honey in the sweetest way.

Immediately after adopting Momma Bear, 5, and Jack Sprat, 4 — both of whom she felt an "instant connection" to — Lefevre took them to the Healthy Spot for a bath and a trim. "They were so dirty and Momma Bear's coat was a mess," she says. "After baths and haircuts they were so much happier and more comfortable, so bonding was easier."

Now, the pups are settling well into their new home. "We haven't experienced a single moment of aggression from them," Lefevre boasts. "They follow us into every room like, 'Now what are we doing?' It's amazing!"

Though Lefevre is happy to give them free reign, Big Momma does have some rules — particularly when it comes to her diet. Tweeting that the pup has to lose 10 lbs., the actress says she's put her on a low-calorie, organic meal plan. "She gets a hike every day, no exceptions. But even in the time we've had her, she's had twice as much energy and already looks better." As for people food? Only when Lefevre boils chicken breast — "which they lose their minds for!"
Back to top Go down

'Twilight's' Rachelle Lefevre Settles into Life
Page 1 of 1