Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack 2zq8s3c
Eric
Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack Near15
Paul Wesley
Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack 23kagwg
Damon
Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack 24pjt4p
Stats

Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack   Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:45 am

Hayley Williams Explains Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack
Paramore lead singer Hayley Williams waved her Twilighter flag proudly when her band lent their pop-punk power in "Decode" to the "Twilight" soundtrack. But Williams said they actually turned down an offer to be on the "New Moon" disc.

"Honestly, I had a good time being a part of the first one," she told MTV News on the red carpet of the People's Choice Awards, where "Twilight" won four awards. "They asked us if we wanted to do the second one, and I said 'no.' I didn't want to force anything. They did come to us really early, like before they knew if they would use it. We wanted it to be genuine."

Even though she didn't contribute to it, Williams said she enjoyed the "New Moon" soundtrack. "I read all the books, except for the last chapter of 'Breaking Dawn,' so I won't be giving up on all the movies," she said. "I was really excited about the second soundtrack. I love Death Cab for Cutie and Bon Iver. I thought it was really good. I feel glad we were a part of the first movie."

Considering how successful the soundtrack ended up being, does Hayley regret the decision? "No, because our record Brand New Eyes came out in September, and we've been promoting it nonstop," she said. "So, I've been so busy and so excited about that. You can't really regret anything. We're doing fine."

But Paramore haven't ruled out participating in the soundtrack for the third "Twilight" installment, "Eclipse."

"We'll see what happens in the future," Williams said. "I don't know — if it feels genuine. If we write a song, and I feel like it goes with it, I wouldn't turn it down, but I wouldn't force it."
Back to top Go down

Why Paramore Passed 'New Moon' Soundtrack
Page 1 of 1