Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Kristin Bauer Interview with a Vampire I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Kristin Bauer Interview with a Vampire I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Kristin Bauer Interview with a Vampire I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Kristin Bauer Interview with a Vampire I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Kristin Bauer Interview with a Vampire I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Kristin Bauer Interview with a Vampire I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Kristin Bauer Interview with a Vampire I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Kristin Bauer Interview with a Vampire I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Kristin Bauer Interview with a Vampire I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Kristin Bauer Interview with a Vampire Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Kristin Bauer Interview with a Vampire 2zq8s3c
Eric
Kristin Bauer Interview with a Vampire Near15
Paul Wesley
Kristin Bauer Interview with a Vampire 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Kristin Bauer Interview with a Vampire 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Kristin Bauer Interview with a Vampire 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Kristin Bauer Interview with a Vampire 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Kristin Bauer Interview with a Vampire 23kagwg
Damon
Kristin Bauer Interview with a Vampire 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Kristin Bauer Interview with a Vampire 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Kristin Bauer Interview with a Vampire 24pjt4p
Stats

Kristin Bauer Interview with a Vampire

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Kristin Bauer Interview with a Vampire Empty
PostSubject: Kristin Bauer Interview with a Vampire   Kristin Bauer Interview with a Vampire I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 3:50 pm

Kristin Bauer Interview with a Vampire 24y9tom

Kristin Bauer isn't just another pretty face with fangs. Like Pam, the lusty vamp she plays on the hit HBO show "True Blood," Bauer has flashes of defiance. In college, she earned A's in the classes she liked (drawing, painting) and failed the ones that she didn't (math, science). "I've definitely been known to be insubordinate," says Bauer, a Midwest native who spent a year at Washington University's art school. Bauer used to take or leave things in the working world, too. "I always had a million day jobs—you know, for two weeks, and then I'd get fired."

Now Bauer has a career that's to die for: vampirism.

Scoring the role of Pam left her feverish with excitement—but not because she could expect frequent scenes with Swedish heart slayer Alexander Skarsgard, known to "True Blood" followers as Eric Northman. "I thought, ‘Great! I get to be sarcastic, witty, in great clothes killing people," Bauer says. "I'm there."

Bauer and her on-screen pals get their share of kicks behind the scenes, and the amusement began one of the first days on the set. "We were trying to look like we were flying, so we kept putting our arms behind us and trying to lift our knees," she says. "We all bonded because we were laughing so hard. It looks really cool on film, but in person it just seemed silly." To go airborne, Bauer explained vampires roll down a metal track on wheeled platforms. The rest is illusion. "To get our hair blowing so it looked like we were moving at a fast speed, there was a fan with a long extension cord with somebody running backwards in front of us," she says.

Two short years and millions of thirsty fans later, "True Blood" is entering its third season, premiering Sunday, June 13. Bauer doesn't know what the upcoming year will bring for her character. "Pam really isn't in book three," she says, referring to the novels by Charlaine Harris that gave rise to the TV series, "so the storyline is completely out of the brilliant minds of these creators. I'm waiting as the scripts come to find out what happens."

Bauer's first break in acting was like a scene right out of a movie. In the early '90s, someone walked up to her on the street in Los Angeles and offered her a part. Rock 'n' roll, however, was her original ambition. "I always dreamed I would be a guitar player," she says. Last August, Bauer married South African guitarist, singer and songwriter Abri van Straten, frontman for the band The Lemmings. "My husband would like to fly," says Bauer, when asked which vampire power she craves most. "I'll go for the immortality–I'll go for getting to stick around awhile." What's the allure of living forever among the undead? "No Botox."

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1