Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Twilight’s Anna Kendrick is a rising star I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Twilight’s Anna Kendrick is a rising star I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Twilight’s Anna Kendrick is a rising star I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Twilight’s Anna Kendrick is a rising star I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Twilight’s Anna Kendrick is a rising star I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Twilight’s Anna Kendrick is a rising star I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Twilight’s Anna Kendrick is a rising star I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Twilight’s Anna Kendrick is a rising star I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Twilight’s Anna Kendrick is a rising star I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Twilight’s Anna Kendrick is a rising star Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Twilight’s Anna Kendrick is a rising star 2zq8s3c
Eric
Twilight’s Anna Kendrick is a rising star Near15
Paul Wesley
Twilight’s Anna Kendrick is a rising star 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Twilight’s Anna Kendrick is a rising star 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Twilight’s Anna Kendrick is a rising star 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Twilight’s Anna Kendrick is a rising star 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Twilight’s Anna Kendrick is a rising star 23kagwg
Damon
Twilight’s Anna Kendrick is a rising star 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Twilight’s Anna Kendrick is a rising star 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Twilight’s Anna Kendrick is a rising star 24pjt4p
Stats

Twilight’s Anna Kendrick is a rising star

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Twilight’s Anna Kendrick is a rising star Empty
PostSubject: Twilight’s Anna Kendrick is a rising star   Twilight’s Anna Kendrick is a rising star I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:24 am

Twilight’s Anna Kendrick is a rising star 1zv974w

Her role as Jessica Stanley in the Twilight Saga movies may be small, but Anna Kendrick is making it big. That’s why fans were so impressed (but not surprised) to see her as a guest at last weekend’s White House Correspondents’ Association dinner.

As with all star-studded events, fashionistas and scenesters commented on celebrity attire, and Kendrick was no exception. Praised for her couture gown (style pundits loved her pale lavender Elie Saab), Kendrick also scored wins with her public by tweeting about her experience during the event.

The stardom that Kendrick has experienced in recent years stands in stark relief to that of “Twilight” co-stars, Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, and Taylor Lautner. Whereas the popularity of the latter three has been rooted in large roles and their ability to cultivate feverish fan-bases (which translates to money for movie studios, merchandisers, and marketers), Kendrick has made her name based purely on critical acclaim. Her Oscar nod for Best Supporting Actress in the 2009 film “Up in the Air” catapulted her forward to give some modicum of instant artistic credibility. Whereas Kendrick’s talent remains unchallenged, critics of Kristen and Rob still question whether either can really act.

Her appearance at the White House Correspondents’ Association dinner only adds to the sentiment that Kendrick is to be taken seriously. That just goes to prove the old adage about there being no such thing as a small part.

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1