Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna 2zq8s3c
Eric
'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna Near15
Paul Wesley
'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna 23kagwg
Damon
'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna 24pjt4p
Stats

'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna Empty
PostSubject: 'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna   'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 5:32 am

'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna

'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna M_281x211 'Vampire Diaries' EXCLUSIVE: Malese Jow Helps Us Say Goodbye To Her Beloved Anna Anna-1

Today we bid farewell to our dear friend, Anna, who met a violent end on last week's devastating season finale of "The Vampire Diaries." She was 16-years-old, and also like a 100-something years old, owing to the fact that she was a vampire. But Anna was one of the good guys. As Malese Jow, who played Anna, told Hollywood Crush when we got her on the phone after the finale, Anna was a lover. "Everything she did, she did out of love," Malese said.

That's why Malese thinks the inscription on Anna's (fictional) tombstone should honor her many remarkable traits. "It would be along the lines of 'A fighter until the end,' 'All for love,' or something like that," she said. "Anna had so many layers. Each episode, we would learn something totally new about her, or we would see a different personality."

One of the best things about Anna was her ability to resonate with all types of people. "She became real," Malese said. "As much as she was a vampire, people could relate to her."

Malese said she found out Anna was going to die when she got a phone call from Marcos Siega, the show's producer, the day before she flew back to Atlanta to film the finale. "Just by the tone of his voice I could tell he was really, really upset, and I knew it wasn't going to be a good phone call."

The rest of the cast wasn't happy about the finale outcome either. "As much as the audience was bummed, the mood on set was so sad for that whole week," Malese said. "It felt like our best friend died or something. Everyone was so upset. Everyone had something to say about it. They were all like 'No, this can't be happening!'"

Although it sounds cheesy, "I feel like with [Anna] dying, a part of me died," Malese said. "It's so sad. I invested so much in her. But it was for the best and it made a great show."

Ashley GreeneThroughout it all, the Team Anna support has been incredible. "We're all mourning together," she said. "People have been trending things like 'Bring Back Anna' or 'Team Anna Forever.' It is a supernatural show. I haven't been told if I'm going to be coming back or not, if it's final. So anything can happen. Their reaction gets straight to the writers."

Eeeeenteresting. Hollywood Crush has thought about several ways for Anna to come back next season ("New Moon"-style visions? Evil twin?), but we like Malese's idea the best. "My whole thing -- because of course, I think about this too. If Katherine can look just like Elena, there are ways. I've thought about it, and I thought maybe my mom had Emily put a spell on me to where no Gilbert could hurt me. So Johnathan's stake was ineffective."

While we wait to see if the writers like that plan, Malese has plenty of projects in the works, including "The Social Network," working on her music, and a possible project with Alloy Entertainment, the producers of "VD" and "Gossip Girl." "I'm definitely going to be busy this summer," she said. "I just finished an episode of 'Leverage,' which is on TNT. I get to play a 16-year-old carjacker. We still have that whole badass girl going on, so Team Anna would love that."

Before she hung up, Malese wanted to express her gratitude one more time to Team Anna and the rest of her "Vampire Diaries" fans. "I love them to death, and I thank them so much for their support."

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1