Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Lack of Twilight Game Losing Potential Millions I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Lack of Twilight Game Losing Potential Millions I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Lack of Twilight Game Losing Potential Millions I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Lack of Twilight Game Losing Potential Millions I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Lack of Twilight Game Losing Potential Millions I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Lack of Twilight Game Losing Potential Millions I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Lack of Twilight Game Losing Potential Millions I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Lack of Twilight Game Losing Potential Millions I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Lack of Twilight Game Losing Potential Millions I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Lack of Twilight Game Losing Potential Millions Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Lack of Twilight Game Losing Potential Millions 2zq8s3c
Eric
Lack of Twilight Game Losing Potential Millions Near15
Paul Wesley
Lack of Twilight Game Losing Potential Millions 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Lack of Twilight Game Losing Potential Millions 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Lack of Twilight Game Losing Potential Millions 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Lack of Twilight Game Losing Potential Millions 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Lack of Twilight Game Losing Potential Millions 23kagwg
Damon
Lack of Twilight Game Losing Potential Millions 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Lack of Twilight Game Losing Potential Millions 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Lack of Twilight Game Losing Potential Millions 24pjt4p
Stats

Lack of Twilight Game Losing Potential Millions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Lack of Twilight Game Losing Potential Millions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lack of Twilight Game Losing Potential Millions   Lack of Twilight Game Losing Potential Millions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 4:30 pm

Lack of Twilight Game Losing Potential Millions 168ivjt

It seems like everything has a cheaply made, rushed out tie-in game these days. Hell, there’s even a Build-a-Bear Workshop game. But one major multimedia cash cow hasn’t really taken advantage of the videogame medium yet: Twilight.

Other than a Twilight themed edition of Scene It released in the UK on Friday, there really hasn’t been a game based on Stephenie Meyer’s will she, won’t she, vampires vs. werewolves teen melodrama.

In an interview with MCV, Games Investor Consulting analyst Nick Gibson said someone is missing out on a huge payday. “Given how hot a property it is, Twilight could easily present a seven-figure exploitation opportunity, especially if publishers look at taking it beyond retail gaming and considers network gaming,” Gibson said.

Gibson thinks the lack of a strong push for a game might have more to do with the license holders than the license itself. “It may well be that the rights holders aren’t aware of the potential benefits as they haven’t explored the games market before,” he said. “It’s not unheard of – although it is increasingly unusual in this day and age.”

One of the more interesting points Gibson makes is that whichever publisher does eventually pick up a Twilight game should consider skipping the Xbox 360 and PS3 altogether and focus on the Wii and DS versions, saying the more casual market is where he thinks the game would have the greatest success.

“The brand’s appeal could actually extend significantly beyond the expected teen girl market and into the 20- to 30-year-old female market, which has a very substantial crossover into gaming,” Gibson said.

It’s worth noting that BrainJunk Studios has acquired the license to develop a Twilight themed videogame, but little else is known at this point, other than that it won’t be an MMORPG and that Summit Entertainment is expected to publish. And they do still have time, as there are two more movies in the works, due to be released over the next few years.

So someone will probably end up making a good deal of money on a Twilight game. God save us.

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1