Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript 2zq8s3c
Eric
'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript Near15
Paul Wesley
'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript 23kagwg
Damon
'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript 24pjt4p
Stats

'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript Empty
PostSubject: 'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript   'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 1:56 am

'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript

'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript O5rt6p

The "Twilight" world was abuzz last week when Stephenie Meyer announced she would be released a new novella in her vampire saga. The new book focuses on the character of Bree Tanner, who only appears for 10 pages in "Eclipse."

With the character of Bree already cast to 15-year-old Jodelle Ferland, she was very much in demand last week, especially after Stephenie released a photo showing Jodelle had read (and destroyed) a copy of "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner." Canadian TV news program Urban Rush was lucky enough to get a chance to speak with Jodelle.

"I was allowed to read it because obviously I was playing Bree Tanner so they wanted me to have sort of a background for me to be able to play her better," Jodelle explained. It sounds similar to when Robert Pattinson was allowed to read an unfinished copy of "Midnight Sun" — "Twilight" told from Edward Cullen's perspective — before the filming of the first movie.

However, because of the leaked versions of "Midnight Sun" that made their way to the Internet during that time, Jodelle had very strict restrictions when it came to reading "Short Second Life."

"I was allowed to read the story, but I had to actually go to set to read it. I couldn't have a copy because they have to be careful. I had to sit in a trailer with somebody there with me at all times because people can take pictures or whatever they want," Jodelle said.

'Eclipse' Star Jodelle Ferland Recalls The Major Secrecy Behind 'Bree Tanner' Manuscript F4gtj9

She explained the circumstances surrounding the humorous photo that shows her sitting next to a bucket filled with the ashes of her copy of the novella.

"After I read the story, we were supposed to destroy it, get rid of it, but, since we were filming on location, we didn't really have a shredder or anything. We didn't exactly know what to do and then it kind of came to us: well, we can just burn it," she said. "We put it in a bucket and we burnt it and threw a match in there. It was actually kind of hard. It took forever to burn."

Jodelle, as well as Bryce Dallas Howard, Xavier Samuel, director David Slade and screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg all were allowed to read a copy of "Short Second Life" before filming began. It made it all the more impressive that the novella was kept a secret until last week.

"I wasn't even allowed to tell anyone about it before," Jodelle said. "I already knew that it had been written, but I wasn't sure exactly what was happening with it, like if it was coming out as its own book."

As for whether Bree would end up getting her own movie as well, Jodelle said she would definitely interested. "That would be amazing. I don't know exactly what their plans are but obviously if that happens I would totally do it," she said.

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1