Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
The 'Twilight' Stars' History With The MTV Movie Awards I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
The 'Twilight' Stars' History With The MTV Movie Awards I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
The 'Twilight' Stars' History With The MTV Movie Awards I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
The 'Twilight' Stars' History With The MTV Movie Awards I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
The 'Twilight' Stars' History With The MTV Movie Awards I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
The 'Twilight' Stars' History With The MTV Movie Awards I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
The 'Twilight' Stars' History With The MTV Movie Awards I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
The 'Twilight' Stars' History With The MTV Movie Awards I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
The 'Twilight' Stars' History With The MTV Movie Awards I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
The 'Twilight' Stars' History With The MTV Movie Awards Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
The 'Twilight' Stars' History With The MTV Movie Awards 2zq8s3c
Eric
The 'Twilight' Stars' History With The MTV Movie Awards Near15
Paul Wesley
The 'Twilight' Stars' History With The MTV Movie Awards 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
The 'Twilight' Stars' History With The MTV Movie Awards 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
The 'Twilight' Stars' History With The MTV Movie Awards 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
The 'Twilight' Stars' History With The MTV Movie Awards 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
The 'Twilight' Stars' History With The MTV Movie Awards 23kagwg
Damon
The 'Twilight' Stars' History With The MTV Movie Awards 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
The 'Twilight' Stars' History With The MTV Movie Awards 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
The 'Twilight' Stars' History With The MTV Movie Awards 24pjt4p
Stats

The 'Twilight' Stars' History With The MTV Movie Awards

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

The 'Twilight' Stars' History With The MTV Movie Awards Empty
PostSubject: The 'Twilight' Stars' History With The MTV Movie Awards   The 'Twilight' Stars' History With The MTV Movie Awards I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 2:56 pm

From Kristen Stewart dropping her award to her near-kiss with Robert Pattinson, 'The Twilight Saga' has provided the awards show with many memorable moments.

The 'Twilight' Stars' History With The MTV Movie Awards 281x211-2

As host Aziz Ansari joked at the close of the 2010 MTV Movie Awards, the "New Moon" sweep of all the categories surprised, well, no one. In fact, anyone who's watched the Movie Awards over the past three years knows the vampire saga and the awards ceremony go together almost as well as a clumsy teen named Bella and the century-old bloodsucker who loves her.

Months before "Twilight" hit theaters back in November 2008, under-the-radar stars Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart — wearing matching Ray-Bans — and co-star Cam Gigandet attended the 2008 Movie Awards to introduce an exclusive clip from the Saga's first film during the pre-show — the pre-show! But by the time the trio and co-star Taylor Lautner appeared at the Video Music Awards a few months later to introduce "Twilight" soundtrack band Paramore, they'd gained plenty of buzz. In fact, many Twilighters were outraged when host Russell Brand supposedly interrupted Pattinson during his speech. Hordes of Twilighters took to the Web to express their frustration and anger at the host.

Fast-forward to 2009's Movie Awards and Pattinson, Stewart and Lautner had become worldwide superstars thanks to the runaway box-office success of "Twilight" and the ensuing "Twilight" mania sweeping the nation. "Twilight" scored five Golden Popcorns that night, including Best Movie, Best Female Performance for Stewart, Breakthrough Performance Male for Pattinson, Best Kiss for Stewart and Pattinson and Best Fight for Pattinson and Gigandet. "Twilight" nearly swept every category it was nominated in save for Best Song From a Movie, which went to Miley Cyrus instead of Paramore's "Decode."

The cast's appearance at the 2009 show garnered many memorable moments. While accepting her Golden Popcorn for Best Female Performance, Stewart famously fumbled her award, with it eventually thudding to the floor of the Gibson Amphitheatre stage (which is probably why one of the first things she did during her 2010 win was place the statue safely on the ground before her speech). Later, when Stewart and Pattinson won the honor for Best Kiss, the two torturously teased the audience with the possibility of a lip-lock. Pattinson took the gum out of his mouth, the two closed their eyes and leaned in, but before the pucker could take place, Stewart turned away yelling, "Thank you so much!"

Though fans likely felt slighted by the Pattinson/Stewart almost-kiss, they were aptly rewarded later in the ceremony when the duo and Lautner debuted the first "New Moon" trailer, which Pattinson called "a thank-you to the fans." A few months later at the 2009 VMA Awards, the stars doubly thanked fans by introducing an extended version of the "New Moon" trailer.

At this year's ceremony, the vampire saga finally completed its long-awaited sweep — not to mention, Twilighters got what they truly wanted: a quick onstage kiss between Bella and Edward, er, Stewart and Pattinson.

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1