Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other 2zq8s3c
Eric
MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other Near15
Paul Wesley
MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other 23kagwg
Damon
MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other 24pjt4p
Stats

MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other Empty
PostSubject: MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other   MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:57 am

MTV Movie Awards: “Twilight” Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other

MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other Vdpph0

As you may know, the MTV Movie Award nominations were announced last week. This year, we see something different than we saw last year. The “Twilight Saga: New Moon” actors had such a busy year filming other movies, they are now competing against each other and themselves at the awards. At the Oscars, competing against yourself is usually considered the kiss of death because it’s assumed your votes will be split. However, with the “New Moon” cast, questions remain as to whether their other films can pull the same audience and votes as the second “Twilight” film.

In the “Best Kiss” category, Kristen Stewart is nominated twice – once for “New Moon” and once for “The Runaways”. “New Moon” had a significantly larger audience, but Kristen had enough votes to get both movies nominated. Now the question becomes: which movie will fans vote for? The easy answer is “New Moon”. More people saw it, more people have heard of it, and more people want to see Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart accept another “Best Kiss” award and almost kiss. But, what about the people who voted for her in “The Runaways”? Will they continue to vote, knowing that the movie had far less visibility and distribution? Voting for “The Runaways” may actually cannibalize Kristen’s chance at winning, but we won’t know until the awards air on June 6th. (Taylor Lautner is purposely not mentioned here because he is not competing against himself.)

In the “Best Male Performance” category, Robert Pattinson is nominated for “Edward Cullen” and Taylor Lautner is nominated for “Jacob Black”. The Team Edward and Team Jacob fans are going to come out of the wood work, though they were never really in hiding. This category IS going to be won by one of them and people will be feverishly voting up until the last moment to get their vampire or werewolf at the podium. This category will be the most controversial, and die hard fans really sway one way or another. I don’t expect “boos” if someone’s favorite doesn’t win, but either way, some people will be thrilled and some will be disappointed.

Where we have the biggest conundrum is in “Global Superstar”. Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner and Robert Pattinson are all nominated. The Twifecta, as they are known, dominate in this category. The only other nominee who has a fighting chance is Johnny Depp, as he’s loved by many and has been around the longest. Assuming for a moment that Depp doesn’t win, who will the votes go to? Again, for Robert Pattinson and Jacob Black, it depends on who’s team you’re on. If you decide to forgo teams all together and vote for Kristen Stewart (aka “Team Bella”), do you run the risk of cannibalizing “New Moon” votes? This category will not necessarily be the most controversial, but may the toughest choice for the fans. All three actors have made other films in the past year, and all three are tapped for more films this year. Eyeballs everywhere will be glued to the TV for this one.

Source
Back to top Go down

MTV Movie Awards: 'Twilight' Actors Compete Against and Among Each Other
Page 1 of 1