Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
The 'Twilight' body: Michael Welch on keeping up with supernatural fitness I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
The 'Twilight' body: Michael Welch on keeping up with supernatural fitness I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
The 'Twilight' body: Michael Welch on keeping up with supernatural fitness I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
The 'Twilight' body: Michael Welch on keeping up with supernatural fitness I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
The 'Twilight' body: Michael Welch on keeping up with supernatural fitness I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
The 'Twilight' body: Michael Welch on keeping up with supernatural fitness I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
The 'Twilight' body: Michael Welch on keeping up with supernatural fitness I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
The 'Twilight' body: Michael Welch on keeping up with supernatural fitness I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
The 'Twilight' body: Michael Welch on keeping up with supernatural fitness I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
The 'Twilight' body: Michael Welch on keeping up with supernatural fitness Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
The 'Twilight' body: Michael Welch on keeping up with supernatural fitness 2zq8s3c
Eric
The 'Twilight' body: Michael Welch on keeping up with supernatural fitness Near15
Paul Wesley
The 'Twilight' body: Michael Welch on keeping up with supernatural fitness 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
The 'Twilight' body: Michael Welch on keeping up with supernatural fitness 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
The 'Twilight' body: Michael Welch on keeping up with supernatural fitness 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
The 'Twilight' body: Michael Welch on keeping up with supernatural fitness 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
The 'Twilight' body: Michael Welch on keeping up with supernatural fitness 23kagwg
Damon
The 'Twilight' body: Michael Welch on keeping up with supernatural fitness 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
The 'Twilight' body: Michael Welch on keeping up with supernatural fitness 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
The 'Twilight' body: Michael Welch on keeping up with supernatural fitness 24pjt4p
Stats

The 'Twilight' body: Michael Welch on keeping up with supernatural fitness

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

The 'Twilight' body: Michael Welch on keeping up with supernatural fitness Empty
PostSubject: The 'Twilight' body: Michael Welch on keeping up with supernatural fitness   The 'Twilight' body: Michael Welch on keeping up with supernatural fitness I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 12:12 pm

The 'Twilight' body: Michael Welch on keeping up with supernatural fitness Erz6v4

The vampires and werewolves of "The Twilight Saga" are sworn enemies, but they unite on one common cause: gym memberships for everybody!

With the rippling abs of the Quileute wolf pack (led by Taylor Lautner), the flat-stomached vampire Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson) and the impossible muscle mass of his fanged brother Emmett (a shredded Kellan Lutz) -- admit it, it's hard out there for a human.

In last year's "New Moon," actor Michael Welch charmed as the bumbling regular boy with eyes for Kristen Stewart's Bella Swan. And he's the first to admit he was no Men's Fitness cover.

"It's funny, I didn't look very good in 'New Moon.' I noticed that," Welch said. "I think a lot of people noticed that."

It wasn't "New Moon" that caught the Ministry's eye. It was a recent behind-the-scenes video from a Seventeen magazine shoot with Welch that gave us the heads-up -- he's been working out since we last saw him.

"I've been working out since the beginning of the year; I finally just had to get a trainer," Welch said. "I just can't do it on my own. I'm not motivated enough, but this is Hollywood."

The actor, 22, said there was no pressure from Summit Entertainment or his management to shed some pounds, just a part of feeling better.

"I'm not really trying to build out too much, I'm trying to get some lean muscle going on," he said. "Just trying to look the best I can."

Does this mean he'll be giving his costars a run for their money?

"I'm not trying to compete with Taylor Lautner. ... I don't even try to compete, I just have my little niche. I'll let them top all the 'hot' lists."

His schedule is certainly hot. Welch will promote "Eclipse" this month with surprise appearances around the country, plus a four-day run with the Blank Theatre Company’s Nationwide Young Playwrights Festival in Hollywood.

After the Twi-madness, Welch will hit a U.S. military base in Germany to visit with troops in conjunction with the USO.

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1