Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role 2zq8s3c
Eric
Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role Near15
Paul Wesley
Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role 23kagwg
Damon
Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role 24pjt4p
Stats

Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role Empty
PostSubject: Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role   Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 3:33 pm

Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role

Natural Charm & Craigslist Ad Landed Tyson Houseman 'Twilight' Saga Werewolf Role Ztj77q

The next time you’re on Craigslist, scan the postings carefully. You could end up in with a role in a blockbuster film! That’s exactly how Tyson Houseman became a member of the Wolfpack in The Twilight Saga: New Moon.

Starpulse caught up with the Canadian actor to talk vampires, werewolves, and his exciting new career.

“I never thought I’d be asked to take my shirt off so many times!” Houseman quips when asked how his life has changed since playing Quil Ateara, the shape-shifting werewolf and best friend of Taylor Lautner’s character, Jacob Black.

Over lunch at The Grove in Los Angeles, he describes how luck and preparation helped land him his big break: “I saw an ad for an open casting call on Craiglist, but didn’t know what movie it was for. When I showed up and saw a lineup around the block of Twilight fans, I knew.”

The 20-year-old has a natural charm and positive attitude, but it may have been his great work ethic that really impressed the casting directors: “I was given two sets of lines, and told the second set was just a backup, but I memorized it anyway. It only took about 20 seconds for them to tape my first set of lines, and before I left, I told them they could also tape the second part, which was about seven pages long,” he laughs. “And I got the part.”

With his only previous acting experience being theater, Houseman was a bit nervous when he first arrived on set. But the director, cast and crew were amazing. “I was really lucky- the six of us [werewolves] had to go through an intense bootcamp before shooting. It was a lot of physical work, and really gave the Wolfpack a chance to get to know each other and become friends. It was a great bonding experience,” he explained.

The Twilight saga attracts many people to the Vancouver sets: from curious onlookers to die-hard (or “Twi-Hard”) fans. Houseman is humbled by just how committed they are: “We got on set around 9 at night once, and worked for almost 18 hours. There were people who had been waiting before we arrived, and actually stayed through the whole shoot – the rain and the cold – to talk to us after we finished!”

Houseman always knew he wanted to pursue acting, but he has an impressive array of other interests: he’s been drawing since he was a child, writes poetry and lyrics, and even plays the guitar and tuba. A longboarder and skateboarder, he hopes that between interviews and appearances, he’ll have a chance to try surfing while in LA. But he’s not about to move to Malibu just yet – he still calls Canada home. Tyson has also put his newfound fame to use for greater good, having volunteered at a baseball benefit game to help relief efforts in Haiti.

Though fans will no doubt be disappointed when the saga ends, and Tyson will have to say goodbye to such a fun role, he isn’t worried. “I’ve been given such a great opportunity with Twilight. I know it will definitely open more doors.”

You can see Tyson as Quil Ateara in The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, premiering June 30.

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1