Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
'Breaking Dawn' Won't Be Rated R, Summit Promises I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
'Breaking Dawn' Won't Be Rated R, Summit Promises I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
'Breaking Dawn' Won't Be Rated R, Summit Promises I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
'Breaking Dawn' Won't Be Rated R, Summit Promises I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
'Breaking Dawn' Won't Be Rated R, Summit Promises I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
'Breaking Dawn' Won't Be Rated R, Summit Promises I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
'Breaking Dawn' Won't Be Rated R, Summit Promises I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
'Breaking Dawn' Won't Be Rated R, Summit Promises I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
'Breaking Dawn' Won't Be Rated R, Summit Promises I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
'Breaking Dawn' Won't Be Rated R, Summit Promises Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
'Breaking Dawn' Won't Be Rated R, Summit Promises 2zq8s3c
Eric
'Breaking Dawn' Won't Be Rated R, Summit Promises Near15
Paul Wesley
'Breaking Dawn' Won't Be Rated R, Summit Promises 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
'Breaking Dawn' Won't Be Rated R, Summit Promises 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
'Breaking Dawn' Won't Be Rated R, Summit Promises 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
'Breaking Dawn' Won't Be Rated R, Summit Promises 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
'Breaking Dawn' Won't Be Rated R, Summit Promises 23kagwg
Damon
'Breaking Dawn' Won't Be Rated R, Summit Promises 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
'Breaking Dawn' Won't Be Rated R, Summit Promises 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
'Breaking Dawn' Won't Be Rated R, Summit Promises 24pjt4p
Stats

'Breaking Dawn' Won't Be Rated R, Summit Promises

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

'Breaking Dawn' Won't Be Rated R, Summit Promises Empty
PostSubject: 'Breaking Dawn' Won't Be Rated R, Summit Promises   'Breaking Dawn' Won't Be Rated R, Summit Promises I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 1:27 pm

'I can't say for a fact, but I just don't see us getting into an R-rated area,' studio's distribution chief tells MTV News.

'Breaking Dawn' Won't Be Rated R, Summit Promises 34fbol1

In the "Twilight" universe, there are levelheaded questions — will "Breaking Dawn" be in 3-D? — and then are the improbable, yet intriguing, ones. Among the more puzzling queries is whether, based on the many scream-inducing elements of its source material, "Breaking Dawn," will draw an R rating instead of the usual, Twi-approved PG-13.

It's hard to imagine Summit Entertainment making a "Twilight" movie that would require its tween-heavy audience to convince adults to buy them movie tickets, but the idea nonetheless remains a topic of discussion in the blogosphere. So we decided to put the question to Summit. While the studio acknowledges that discussions about an R rating are definitely taking place ("By all means," said distribution chief Richie Fay), the studio remains committed to its tried-and-true PG-13.

"I don't see it ever becoming an R-rated movie," Fay told MTV News. "The middle road we have to travel is a mutual respect as to staying true to the book but not turning off your audience.

"It's always with the eye of making Stephenie Meyer happy and making the audience happy," he added. "I can't say for a fact, but I just don't see us getting into an R-rated area with any of the 'Twilight' titles."

That sentiment jibes with what "Breaking Dawn" scribe Melissa Rosenberg has been saying for a while.

"In this series, you don't sacrifice anything," she said in April. "There are some movies that wouldn't play at PG-13, like 'The Hangover,' but this is just not one of them for me. Again, if you're capturing character, emotion and emotional journey, you're OK."

Do you think an R-rated "Breaking Dawn" would make for better movies?

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1