Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Wants Birth Scene To Be 'Visceral' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Wants Birth Scene To Be 'Visceral' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Wants Birth Scene To Be 'Visceral' I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Wants Birth Scene To Be 'Visceral' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Wants Birth Scene To Be 'Visceral' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Wants Birth Scene To Be 'Visceral' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Wants Birth Scene To Be 'Visceral' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Wants Birth Scene To Be 'Visceral' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Wants Birth Scene To Be 'Visceral' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Wants Birth Scene To Be 'Visceral' Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Wants Birth Scene To Be 'Visceral' 2zq8s3c
Eric
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Wants Birth Scene To Be 'Visceral' Near15
Paul Wesley
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Wants Birth Scene To Be 'Visceral' 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Wants Birth Scene To Be 'Visceral' 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Wants Birth Scene To Be 'Visceral' 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Wants Birth Scene To Be 'Visceral' 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Wants Birth Scene To Be 'Visceral' 23kagwg
Damon
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Wants Birth Scene To Be 'Visceral' 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Wants Birth Scene To Be 'Visceral' 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Wants Birth Scene To Be 'Visceral' 24pjt4p
Stats

'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Wants Birth Scene To Be 'Visceral'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Wants Birth Scene To Be 'Visceral' Empty
PostSubject: 'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Wants Birth Scene To Be 'Visceral'   'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Wants Birth Scene To Be 'Visceral' I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 4:13 am

'I want to have the experience of the fear and feel [Bella's] pain,' Melissa Rosenberg says at San Diego Comic-Con.

For the first time since 2007, there was no official "Twilight" presence at the Comic-Con panels this year. But screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg was in attendance, and she was more than willing to take a break from the convention to chat with MTV News about her upcoming work on "Breaking Dawn." The two films are set to start shooting back-to-back in November, and Rosenberg said she is still working on finalizing the script.

Fans have been most concerned with how Bella's (Kristen Stewart) pivotal, not to mention traumatic, birthing scene will be portrayed in the movie, and Rosenberg said she and director Bill Condon are continually revising the script to make it work. Despite an earlier comment, she said the scene will be included, but the specifics of how it will be represented have not been solidified yet.

"I've written and continue to rewrite it, working on it with Bill Condon ... He has a vision as well, but it's kind of a shared vision I would say, but ultimately it comes down to, what does he actually want to see?" she said. "I know what I want to see, which is, I want to see the terror of the experience. I want to have the experience of the fear and feel her pain. I want to feel everyone's pain in this."

Still, Rosenberg said that there are some of the gruesome elements of the scene — like Edward (Robert Pattinson) having to give Bella what has been dubbed a "vampire caesarian" — that she doesn't think need to be included in the scene. "I want it to be visceral, so that is what's most important. Do I want to see teeth in placenta? No," she said. "Someone else may. I don't actually want to see that, but to each his own."

Another of the other big scenes in "Breaking Dawn" that has been the subject of some controversy is the imprinting scene. It features Jacob (Taylor Lautner) having what Rosenberg describes as a "spiritual experience" with Bella's newborn child that ultimately leads to the revelation that the infant is his soul mate.

"One must be very careful with that," Rosenberg said about the scene, "but hopefully you've taken this ride with Jacob for all four movies; you know Jacob, and so I think you'll experience it the way he does, which is spiritually, as a spiritual experience, as an emotional experience and not something that makes one uncomfortable."

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1