Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Says She's Wrestling With 'Battle Scene' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Says She's Wrestling With 'Battle Scene' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Says She's Wrestling With 'Battle Scene' I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Says She's Wrestling With 'Battle Scene' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Says She's Wrestling With 'Battle Scene' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Says She's Wrestling With 'Battle Scene' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Says She's Wrestling With 'Battle Scene' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Says She's Wrestling With 'Battle Scene' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Says She's Wrestling With 'Battle Scene' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Says She's Wrestling With 'Battle Scene' Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Says She's Wrestling With 'Battle Scene' 2zq8s3c
Eric
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Says She's Wrestling With 'Battle Scene' Near15
Paul Wesley
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Says She's Wrestling With 'Battle Scene' 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Says She's Wrestling With 'Battle Scene' 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Says She's Wrestling With 'Battle Scene' 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Says She's Wrestling With 'Battle Scene' 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Says She's Wrestling With 'Battle Scene' 23kagwg
Damon
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Says She's Wrestling With 'Battle Scene' 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Says She's Wrestling With 'Battle Scene' 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Says She's Wrestling With 'Battle Scene' 24pjt4p
Stats

'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Says She's Wrestling With 'Battle Scene'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Says She's Wrestling With 'Battle Scene' Empty
PostSubject: 'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Says She's Wrestling With 'Battle Scene'   'Breaking Dawn' Scribe Says She's Wrestling With 'Battle Scene' I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:20 am

'It's an enormous challenge to choreograph on the page,' Melissa Rosenberg reveals from Emmys red carpet.

In the midst of Emmy mania Sunday night (August 29) — Dresses! Nominees! Celeb couples! — which predictably revolved around the world of TV, pre-show viewers got a pleasant surprise as "Twilight" screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg made her way down a very long red carpet at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. Naturally, when MTV News caught up with the busy scribe, we had to press her for another update on the progress of the "Breaking Dawn" scripts.

"They're coming along," Rosenberg said. "I just flew in last night from working with ['Dawn' director] Bill Condon, prepping the scripts. It's a lot of work, I'm exhausted," she added. Rosenberg also revealed that she's between 75 and 80 percent finished with the two screenplays. "But we're intent on making them the best scripts yet."

Regarding the biggest challenge she faces in finishing "Dawn," parts 1 and 2, Rosenberg said it's the climactic "battle scene" — in which the two opposing vampire groups face off in dramatic fashion at the end of the book — that's proving to be her biggest obstacle, rather than the infamous "birth scene".

"The final battle sequence is a big challenge because it lasts 25 pages," Rosenberg told us. "It's almost an entire three-act story in and of itself. You have to track (kept all in one setting) hundreds of characters. It's an enormous challenge to choreograph on the page and for Bill to choreograph on the stage."

Rosenberg went on to say that perfecting that scene is her "next big hurdle."

"I've written a couple of drafts [of the scene]; I haven't gotten with Bill [to go over it] yet. That's the next big hurdle to sit down with the stunt coordinator and create the ballet."

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1