Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian  Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian  2zq8s3c
Eric
Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian  Near15
Paul Wesley
Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian  2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian  24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian  158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian  30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian  23kagwg
Damon
Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian  34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian  6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian  24pjt4p
Stats

Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Edwards Juliet
ADMIN
ADMIN
Edwards Juliet

Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian  Empty
PostSubject: Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian    Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:11 am

Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian  Julia-2

Jamaica Plain native Julia Jones, 29, began working in commercials and local theatre when she was eight. After graduating from Boston Latin, Jones earned a bachelor’s in English literature at Columbia University and began modeling internationally, eventually appearing in ads for Esprit, Levi’s and Polo Ralph Lauren. The American Indian actress (she’s part Chickasaw, part Choctaw) has appeared on the big and small screens, in Quentin Tarantino’s Hell Ride and as Dr. Kaya Montoya on the final season of ER, among other roles. Recently, she won the part of Leah Clearwater in The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. Jones also stars opposite Josh Brolin in Jonah Hex. She lives in Los Angeles.

JONATHAN SOROFF: DID YOU READ ALL THE TWILIGHT BOOKS?

Julia Jones: Yes. I read them all within a week and a half [of] being cast. I had skimmed them, basically just looking for my character, during the audition process. I didn’t have time to read them all. But afterward, I dug in.

DO YOU REALIZE THAT HALF THE TWEEN GIRLS IN AMERICA WANT TO BE YOU, AND HALF WANT TO KILL YOU FOR BEING CAST AS LEAH CLEARWATER?

I’m a lot more aware of the killing part, to be honest with you. [Laughs.] I don’t think I’ve ever felt so unliked before in my life. I just had lunch with another one of the actors, and she said she had the same experience when she was cast. But Twilight is such a phenomenon, it’s natural for a lot of people to have strong opinions about it.

ONE OF THE NAMES THAT WAS FLOATED FOR THE PART WAS Q’ORIANKA KILCHER [WHO PLAYED POCAHONTAS IN THE NEW WORLD]. DO YOU THINK SHE HATES YOU?

[Laughs.] I know her, and no, I don’t think she hates me. I hope she doesn’t. She’s an actor. She knows how this business works.

DO YOU BELIEVE IN WEREWOLVES?

Actually, we aren’t werewolves. We’re shape-shifters. The main difference is that the moon doesn’t affect us in the same way. It’s a completely different creature. If you really get into the etymology of shape-shifters and werewolves, they’re completely different sources. But do I believe in shape-shifters? Umm, I don’t know. I’m not closed off to it.

HOW ABOUT VAMPIRES?

Those I have a little harder time buying. I’m gonna go with no.

GHOSTS?

Those I believe in.

TELL ME A SECRET ABOUT MAURA TIERNEY.

I can tell you this: Her father’s locker was next to my father’s locker at the gym in Boston.

WHAT WAS IT LIKE TO JOIN SUCH A POPULAR SHOW IN ITS LAST SEASON?

Well, there’s a reason ER was on for such a long time. The writing was incredible. The acting was great. There was so much suspense. There were people who had been on that set for 14 years, and I could see how it could become repetitive. But because everyone knew it was coming to an end, every day felt like a gift.

HOW BAD HAS THE PAPARAZZI SCENE GOTTEN FOR YOU?

It hasn’t actually, and in a weird, dread-filled way, I wish it had, because it’s sporadic. If it was constant, I could get used to it. I haven’t integrated that into my day-to-day existence.

WELL, FASTEN YOUR SEAT BELT, ’CAUSE AS SOON AS THE MOVIE COMES OUT…

I welcome that, because then it would just be a thing. It’s a very confusing experience to, every once in a while, walk out a door and have a photographer there.

IS IT GETTING LONELY AT THE TOP?

No, I wouldn’t go that far. It’s more that I feel more protective of myself and try to calibrate what’s reasonable and what’s not. I think one of the dangers of fame is to get really paranoid, and there’s no need for that.

IF YOU WERE ON GOSSIP GIRL, WHAT CHARACTER WOULD YOU PLAY?

From what I’ve seen, I guess I’d probably be Jessica Szohr [the bohemian]. She’s the exotic outsider.

JOSH BROLIN: HOTTER THAN A FOURTH OF JULY FIREWORK?

[Laughs.] Ah, yeah. A very good way of putting it. He’s so hot, it’s kind of hard to talk about.

WHAT DID YOU DISLIKE ABOUT MODELING?

The constant objectification—you find yourself, many times, with people talking about you as if you’re not really there, aren’t a human being, or don’t understand what they’re saying. I saw a lot and was exposed to a lot, but I was just sort of wallpaper.

WHAT DID YOU LIKE ABOUT IT?

The shoes. I have really unfortunate feet, and I learned as a model the difference of standing for 12 hours in a pair of Jimmy Choos versus whatever I would have been wearing. It was fairly massive, and it sort of ruined me. I love good shoes.

YOU HAVE A BACHELOR’S IN ENGLISH. IS IT THE MOST USELESS DEGREE EVER?

Actually, I find it so useful, I never could’ve imagined. As an actor, more often than not I’m just reading scripts and analyzing the character, and all of that was developed being an English major. I can draw from literature in what I do. It adds a dimension.

DO YOU STILL DANCE OR TAKE BALLET CLASSES?

I stopped when I was modeling because my bookers said I was too muscular. They wanted me a little softer, with more curves.

WEIRDEST FAN EXPERIENCE SO FAR?

When we were filming in Vancouver, somebody figured out how to get into the building across the street and found the right floor and started photographing us in our rooms. That was pretty bizarre.

HOW’LL YOU CHOOSE YOUR NEXT ROLE?

I just hope it’s something I’m passionate about. Other than that, there’s no point projecting. I would like it to be something that gets seen.

WOULD YOU EVER DO A NUDE SCENE?

Yes.

DESCRIBE YOUR OTHER NEW MOVIE: JONAH HEX.

It’s a spin on a western, but a combination of a few different genres. It’s definitely a western, but there’s a campiness to it.

ARE YOU READY FOR THE TORRENT OF TEENAGE TESTOSTERONE YOU’RE ABOUT TO UNLEASH?

[Laughs.] No. I’m really not ready for that.

Source
Back to top Go down

Julia Jones in the Improper Bostonian
Page 1 of 1