Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
Sofia Coppola Calls 'Breaking Dawn' Love Story 'So Romantic' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
Sofia Coppola Calls 'Breaking Dawn' Love Story 'So Romantic' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
Sofia Coppola Calls 'Breaking Dawn' Love Story 'So Romantic' I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
Sofia Coppola Calls 'Breaking Dawn' Love Story 'So Romantic' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
Sofia Coppola Calls 'Breaking Dawn' Love Story 'So Romantic' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
Sofia Coppola Calls 'Breaking Dawn' Love Story 'So Romantic' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
Sofia Coppola Calls 'Breaking Dawn' Love Story 'So Romantic' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
Sofia Coppola Calls 'Breaking Dawn' Love Story 'So Romantic' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
Sofia Coppola Calls 'Breaking Dawn' Love Story 'So Romantic' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
Sofia Coppola Calls 'Breaking Dawn' Love Story 'So Romantic' Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
Sofia Coppola Calls 'Breaking Dawn' Love Story 'So Romantic' 2zq8s3c
Eric
Sofia Coppola Calls 'Breaking Dawn' Love Story 'So Romantic' Near15
Paul Wesley
Sofia Coppola Calls 'Breaking Dawn' Love Story 'So Romantic' 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
Sofia Coppola Calls 'Breaking Dawn' Love Story 'So Romantic' 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
Sofia Coppola Calls 'Breaking Dawn' Love Story 'So Romantic' 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
Sofia Coppola Calls 'Breaking Dawn' Love Story 'So Romantic' 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
Sofia Coppola Calls 'Breaking Dawn' Love Story 'So Romantic' 23kagwg
Damon
Sofia Coppola Calls 'Breaking Dawn' Love Story 'So Romantic' 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
Sofia Coppola Calls 'Breaking Dawn' Love Story 'So Romantic' 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
Sofia Coppola Calls 'Breaking Dawn' Love Story 'So Romantic' 24pjt4p
Stats

Sofia Coppola Calls 'Breaking Dawn' Love Story 'So Romantic'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

Sofia Coppola Calls 'Breaking Dawn' Love Story 'So Romantic' Empty
PostSubject: Sofia Coppola Calls 'Breaking Dawn' Love Story 'So Romantic'   Sofia Coppola Calls 'Breaking Dawn' Love Story 'So Romantic' I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:46 pm

'I'm impressed by Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattison pulling it off,' director says, confirming she was in talks to helm the 'Twilight' finale.

Sofia Coppola Calls 'Breaking Dawn' Love Story 'So Romantic' 1611960_281x211

While the "Breaking Dawn" director's chair for both parts 1 and 2 is officially occupied by Bill Condon, "Twilight" fans know that there were several other high-profile names attached to the project before Condon signed on.

Among them was "Lost in Translation" and "Marie Antoinette" director Sofia Coppola. When we caught up with the writer/director to discuss her upcoming Chateau Marmont-set film, "Somewhere," we asked her if there was any truth to the "Dawn" director rumors.

"Yeah, yeah, I talked to them about that," Coppola revealed to MTV News. "I was interested in doing something but I didn't end up doing it. But I love, I'm impressed by Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattison pulling it off in that whole story," she said. "And my friend's kids love the story so much that I thought it would be fun to make something that they love so much."

Asked what she liked best about the blockbuster vampire franchise, Coppola admitted she goes weak in the knees for romance.

"I just love that it's so romantic," she told us. "I'm always a sucker for a love story and also to do something for teenagers, because I feel like, why not have beautiful cinematography and all these things in a kid movie? Usually it looks like it's not crafted very sophisticated, and I feel like it'd be nice to bring that kind of style into a younger film."

Perhaps the studio heads can line up Coppola for the talked-about film version of the "Eclipse" novella, "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner"?

Source
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1