Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Twilighters Retreat is a forum for people over the age of 18 who share a love of Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood and more.
Twilighters Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twilight Saga, The Vampire Diaries, Favourite authors and anything else you would like to discuss

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» TVD Nominated for PCA's!
MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:42 am by amandatran8

» Episode 9: Katerina
MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 am by amandatran8

» New York Comic Con Teaser
MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 am by amandatran8

» Taylor Lautner on the set of 'Abduction'
MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:55 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 2 outtakes of Taylor Lautner from Interview Magazine
MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New Fan Photo of Taylor Lautner on the set of Abduction
MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» 561 screencaps of Taylor Lautner in 'Valentine's Day'
MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» Five things to look forward to from 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' DVD release
MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

» New & Old HQ pics of Kristen and Taylor at the Eclipse Rome Photocall
MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 am by MrsJacobBlackWolf

Facebook
Twitter
Robert Pattinson
MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It! Fxwfax
Alexander Skarsgard
MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It! 2zq8s3c
Eric
MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It! Near15
Paul Wesley
MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It! 2ir18g5
Peter Facinelli
MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It! 24l7xcp
Stephen Moyer
MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It! 158795f
Jackson Rathbone
MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It! 30djz1h
Ian Somerhalder
MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It! 23kagwg
Damon
MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It! 34xgjcx
Kellan Lutz
MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It! 6fpnb4
Taylor Lautner
MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It! 24pjt4p
Stats

MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EquallyDazzled
ADMIN
ADMIN
EquallyDazzled

MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It! Empty
PostSubject: MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It!   MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:57 am

'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It!

MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It! 281x21145

Music is as integral to " The Vampire Diaries" as Damon's quippy dialogue. So when we found out that The CW was releasing an album of music from the show, we were pretty psyched.

"The Vampire Diaries" soundtrack doesn't come out until Oct. 12, but since we are a bunch of lucky ducks here at Hollywood Crush, we got an early listen. How do the tracks fit into the Mystic Falls universe? And how does the music stack up to the soundtrack of another teen vampire franchise?

Interestingly—and happily—the "Vampire Diaries" soundtrack is able to distance itself from the "Twilight" soundtrack very well. It really does have a completely different sound. Instead of piles of bombast with a hint of indie rock, it's electro-tinged pop with a healthy dose of singer-songwriter acoustic guitars and piano on the side. In fact, it reminds us of old-school WB soundtracks of yore—that's probably the Kevin Williamson/"Dawson's Creek" influence.

The lead single, "Obsession" by Sky Ferreira, is the least "Vampire Diaries"-sounding track on the whole album. It's a little too poppy, and hard to picture where the song would be placed in an episode aside from the commercial promos leading up to the show. Though it's a catchy song, it's just not haunting enough to remind us of vampires.

Highlights include the piano-driven lament "Bloodstream," the Tears for Fears cover "Head Over Heels," which sounds as if The Bird and the Bee went goth, and the acoustic guitar/piano track with boy/girl harmonies, "Down." The instrumental tracks, "Stefan's Theme" and "1864," also perfectly encapsulate "Vampire Diaries" in song.

Some songs even remind us of specific scenes. "All You Wanted" would be perfect if used when Elena and Stefan fight, then make up and share a tender moment in the rain. "On Melancholy Hill" is ideal beginning-of-episode music, and "We Radiate" somehow just makes us picture Damon shirtless. (Though that last one could just be because picturing Damon shirtless is a fun thing to do.)

Source
Back to top Go down

MTV - 'The Vampire Diaries' Soundtrack: We've Heard It!
Page 1 of 1